Queen Mary 2 - Champagne Question

Winchester Ranger

Self and DW are sailing on QM2 next year and I’m looking at the drinks package option.  We both tend to enjoy champagne more than most other drinks but it looks like the cheapest glass on QM2 is $16.  With the drinks package maxing out at a paltry $12 max per glass would we be wasting our money taking it out if we stayed with our usual tipple ?

Any advice appreciated.

7 hours ago, Winchester Ranger said:

Self and DW are sailing on QM2 next year and I’m looking at the drinks package option.  We both tend to enjoy champagne more than most other drinks but it looks like the cheapest glass on QM2 is $16.  With the drinks package maxing out at a paltry $12 max per glass would we be wasting our money taking it out if we stayed with our usual tipple ?

Any advice appreciated.

The limit per glass is now $13.

If champagne is all you'd drink, then you'd be wasting your time haviing the drinks package. If you're sailing in Queens Grill they should give you a bottle of French champagne when you board. Whichever cabin you're sailing in you can still bring some bottles of champagne on board and either enjoy it in your cabin or pay (possible) corkage to consume in a public area.

I had the drinks package recently and really wanted a glass of good champagne so had to order and pay for it separately to the drinks package.