Toiletries

nomadgirluk

3 minutes ago, nomadgirluk said:

Am I right in thinking that the White Compamy hand wash has now been removed and replaced with individual bars of soap? I believe the shower cream and shampoo provided remain the same.

In February on Iona there was no bar soap, only hand and body wash dispensers at the wash basin and shower, plus shampoo dispensers in the shower.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nomadgirluk said:

Am I right in thinking that the White Compamy hand wash has now been removed and replaced with individual bars of soap? I believe the shower cream and shampoo provided remain the same.

Just back from Azura, and on there still bottles of White Company hand wash.

6 hours ago, TigerB said:

Pump bottles on Arvia in January. If you look in the box under your bed you may also find a bottle of body lotion.

You can also ask your steward for body lotion, conditioner and face clothes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

You can also ask your steward for body lotion, conditioner and face clothes.

Our lass always asks for the body lotion, with the view to taking home what she doesn't use; the cheeky sod that she is!  Last trip, we also found one in the box; she thought all her Christmases had come at once!  Lasses and their fancy toiletries, eh!😄

• Like 3

I asked my steward for body lotion and conditioner on Arcadia last October and again on Ventura in January, to be told on both occasions that they are no longer available.  Maybe it depends on the ship/steward.  However, I did get a facecloth which was changed most days, although some of them should have been consigned to the rag-bag long ago!

41 minutes ago, halpincat said:

I asked my steward for body lotion and conditioner on Arcadia last October and again on Ventura in January, to be told on both occasions that they are no longer available.  Maybe it depends on the ship/steward.  However, I did get a facecloth which was changed most days, although some of them should have been consigned to the rag-bag long ago!

Strange, we were on Ventura 4th January to Hamburg and got body lotion and conditioner.

1 hour ago, halpincat said:

We got the body lotion in September on Britannia, and again in January on Arvia. On the second one we moved cabin, and there was one in the box under the bed, so our lass doubled down!🤭

Maybe they didn't have enough onboard each time, or the two stewards couldn't be bothered and weren't thinking of the potential end of cruise gratuity. Or, maybe it's just the way you talk to folk!😯😂

Thanks for the replies.  The reason I ask is that recent videos of Britannia only show small bars of soap in bathrooms.  No sign of the pump dispensers.  On Azura at Christmas we did have pump soap, shower gel and conditioner but no body lotion.

43 minutes ago, nomadgirluk said:

Thanks for the replies.  The reason I ask is that recent videos of Britannia only show small bars of soap in bathrooms.  No sign of the pump dispensers.  On Azura at Christmas we did have pump soap, shower gel and conditioner but no body lotion.

We had soap bars on the sinks on Britannia in September but, as I've already written, a pump on Arvia in January, which was fixed to the wall just above the sink.

On 4/4/2023 at 1:11 PM, halpincat said:

Same happened to me on Arcadia and Aurora. Told there was none on the ship.

12 minutes ago, Durie1989 said:

Why would you find body lotion under the bed ? 

Under the bed is a box in which spare sheets and some other items are stored, which makes life a little easier for your cabin steward. Also in the same box is likely to be a bottle of body lotion and/or hair conditioner; then, if a guest asks for them, the cabin steward can retrieve them easily enough or tell the guest to look themselves.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 1:11 PM, halpincat said:

We were on Arcadia Nov/Dec and our steward supplied the body lotion, however she couldn't find any more during the last week of the cruise

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We were on Arcadia Nov/Dec and our steward supplied the body lotion, however she couldn't find any more during the last week of the cruise

Is that because it was full of folk from Yorkshire, who had them all away? 🤭

• Haha 1