Vancouver - buying a day pass for public transportation

erienetuser

I'm a little confused. We land in Vancouver on Friday morning and our ship leaves the next day. I would like to buy a day pass for our time in the city but can't seem to figure out if I need a  compass card or if I can just buy a ticket? If so, it seems like I can take the sky train to my hotel and then use buses around town on the same ticket? Can I use it to take the Sea Bus as well?   Thank you!

You can just buy a day pass ticket at any of the Sky train stations and certain retailers but as I have a monthly pass which I reload each month not sure which retailers currently handled them

Yes they can be used on the Sea Bus.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

• Like 3

What Dennis said - you can buy a Day Pass in the 7-11 at the airport (you want Compass Tickets, not Compass Cards, unless you want to deal with having a reloadable card that costs an extra $6 up front as a deposit which you would need to jump through some hoops to get back... compass retailers can give you tickets without a date on that need activated, whereas if you load the compass card any Day Pass is triggered the first time you use it, fine if you want two days back-to-back but worthless if e.g. you arrive a bit late and just want to travel downtown on Day One, only using the Day Pass on Day Two).

• Like 2