April 9 Scarlet Lady - no bingo with the Diva?

babalooo

I finally see they posted the daily schedule for the April 9-14 Scarlet Lady cruise and although they offer 2 Loteria Gigantes and a plethora of Festival Series Stage shows (and two Around the World in 80 Minutes shows), there's not one Bingo with the Diva. I was really looking forward to this and was wondering if anyone else's recent cruises didn't have the bingo event? And if anyone knows why not?

12 minutes ago, babalooo said:

I finally see they posted the daily schedule for the April 9-14 Scarlet Lady cruise and although they offer 2 Loteria Gigantes and a plethora of Festival Series Stage shows (and two Around the World in 80 Minutes shows), there's not one Bingo with the Diva. I was really looking forward to this and was wondering if anyone else's recent cruises didn't have the bingo event? And if anyone knows why not?

it'll change 100 times before you board, and sometimes even after hahah don't sweat it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been glancing at that schedule and Bingo with the Diva was 9:15p the last night, 1:30p Monday and now it doesn't exist.  As others have said, the actual schedule can and will change several times before boarding (sometimes even after that).

We missed it the first time we were on VV, but I don't intend to miss it this time.  So, perhaps we'll see you there.  😃

Edited by rebeccac
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 10:08 PM, babalooo said:

I was really looking forward to this and was wondering if anyone else's recent cruises didn't have the bingo event? And if anyone knows why not?

As others have noted, the schedule will continually change. I honestly don't know why VV has such an issue with scheduling. All the other cruise lines we sail have no problem getting their schedule about 90% nailed down before we get onboard. But VV is constantly shuffling things, even after you get onboard. So keep a sharp eye on the schedule every single day of the cruise, other than the main shows in the Red Room, everything else can shift in time and even day. We'll see you onboard! Easter on Scarlet Lady, I'm looking forward to this. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Easter on Scarlet Lady, I'm looking forward to this.

Walter, what's your guess on people cruising on Easter Sunday....more or less than usual on board?

10 minutes ago, babalooo said:

Walter, what's your guess on people cruising on Easter Sunday....more or less than usual on board?

No clue to be honest. We've never sailed for Easter. BUT if this chart from Cruise Mapper is correct, it is going to be a VERY busy day in Miami tomorrow. 7 big ships and the Seabourn in or leaving port tomorrow. I don't think I've ever seen 7 big ships leaving Miami on a single day.

And those numbers next to the cruise ships are maximum capacity, not how many guests are actually booked. So we don't know exactly how many are booked on the ship. 

Sunday.JPG

I wonder why they list VV at 2860 when the cruise line lists capacity at 2770.

Bottom line, VV leaves last, so no problems there!  And you can watch the others depart.  The ships have been a lot more full recently than 4-6 months ago.  On our upcoming cruise, VV took it off the website (along with 4 other spring cruises) supposedly because they felt they were as full as they wanted to be for those sailings.

5 hours ago, cantgetin said:

I wonder why they list VV at 2860 when the cruise line lists capacity at 2770

100% capacity is 2770 at double occupancy. 2860 is totally fun with 3rd and 4th guests. I guess Cruise Mapper is going by the absolute full capacity number. 

• Like 1

We just got off of Scarlet Lady this morning. Bingo with the Diva did not take place on our cruise. It was crazy getting out of the port this morning. Took about 45 minutes to get out of the garage. We have never seen the port so busy.

10 minutes ago, RollWave said:

We just got off of Scarlet Lady this morning. Bingo with the Diva did not take place on our cruise. It was crazy getting out of the port this morning. Took about 45 minutes to get out of the garage. We have never seen the port so busy.

Just curious, how early were you trying to leave?  One of the nice things about the VV time schedule is that when we've chosen a later departure time, most of the traffic from other cruise lines has already departed.

• Like 1

Just now, cantgetin said:

Just curious, how early were you trying to leave?  One of the nice things about the VV time schedule is that when we've chosen a later departure time, most of the traffic from other cruise lines has already departed.

We had breakfast at The Wake and then departed. We got off the ship after 9am which is later than we have ever been off of a cruise ship. There were 7 other ships in port. There was a slight delay with Virgin getting in to port. Getting off the ship was a breeze. The garage was chaos.

8 minutes ago, RollWave said:

We had breakfast at The Wake and then departed. We got off the ship after 9am which is later than we have ever been off of a cruise ship. There were 7 other ships in port. There was a slight delay with Virgin getting in to port. Getting off the ship was a breeze. The garage was chaos.

Yes, I knew port was busy today.   We stayed on Valiant Lady until 10:30 (we were not in any hurry to get on our way as we had an early afternoon flight)....and hit no traffic at all at any point.