About shore excursion pricing

STGwilltravel

I've never been on a cruise before. I'm dipping my feet into the cruise waters with a south pacific cruise in Jan '24, already booked.

Looking at the shore excursions, I'm curious about the pricing. 

When we first booked I noted some of the available excursions and their prices. Checking back a few weeks later, I noticed the price had increased significantly. I thought maybe I accidentally wrote the USD vs the AUD price. So this morning I took a screenshot of the excursion, and checking back 12hrs later, the price had gone down by a couple of dollars.

Do the shore excursion prices change much? What's going on here?

Prices do change. If you see something you like reserve it then. If prices go down you can always cancel and rebook. On our last cruise there was a big price hike close to sailing so we were glad we booked early. Independent non celebrity excursions are much cheaper but on the rare occasion you are late back the ship will not wait unless you are on a trip bought through them. 

• Like 1

Prices change if not buying in USD due to currency rate fluctuations.
As has been said above, if you see something you want to book, book it.

I have cancelled and rebooked when there was a subsequent “sale”. 

Excursion prices are sometimes discounted on line before the cruise but I have never seen them get cheaper on board.  We have been sorry we did not book when we tried to get the same price later.  That said you can cancel if the price props or if you decide to change your plans (24  hours?).  You can use On Board Credit to pay for excursions booked in advance on line if you have any OBC on your account.  Enjoy your cruise.