Club Balcony — early dining and entertainment reservations

laudergayle

One of the stated benefits for Club Balcony Suites is early dining and entertainment reservations.  I recently read where someone in a club balcony successfully booked online at 125 days. Personally, the app has never allowed us to do early dining reservations when staying in club balcony.  We’ve had to wait until 120 days…I suppose I could have called and asked.  

Now that entertainment reservations can be made in advance (26 days for some, 21 days for most) I “assumed” that Club Balcony should be part of the early group.  We are 26 days out today…and not able to make entertainment reservations via the app, online, via chat or a phone call.  Just curious if anyone has had success being Club Balcony and early reservations?

24 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We booked entertainment on Day 26. Not sure if it is our latitudes status or club balcony. 

Thanks. Probably your Latitude status..as others on our roll call with status have been successful.

19 minutes ago, sunkey1 said:

I booked dining early and entertainment a little early but I did it online, not through the app. I don't think the app is quite up to speed sometimes.

Are you Platinum or above?  Curious…which ship?

1 minute ago, laudergayle said:

Are you Platinum or above?  Curious…which ship?

Platinum and Club Balcony Suite on the Getaway. Did check in at 125 days and then restaurants, then entertainment.

Just now, sunkey1 said:

Platinum and Club Balcony Suite on the Getaway. Did check in at 125 days and then restaurants, then entertainment.

Thanks…I think your Latitude status was what gave you the green light to book at 125. I’ll just have to wait a few more days.  But…after this cruise, our Platinum status will kick in…yay!

• Like 2

Just now, Jordan61 said:

I don't have any Latitude status (my first NCL cruise is next month), and I was able to book dining at 125 days out with a club balcony suite.

Thanks…via the app, online or phone call?  It will be interesting if you will be able to book entertainment at 26 days.

Just now, laudergayle said:

Thanks…via the app, online or phone call?  It will be interesting if you will be able to book entertainment at 26 days.

It was online. I haven't really used the app for anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I have nothing to say that would be helpful...I wish I did, but I'm curious. Where are you cruising??? I can't wait to hear about it. 

26 days till Prima, NYC to Bermuda.  Really hoping the winds allow the ship to dock in Bermuda…it’s a bucket list item for some reason. 🤷‍♀️  But I’ve warned my DH that this could be a cruise to nowhere…lol.  Or worse…Canada with a spring wardrobe.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

26 days till Prima, NYC to Bermuda.  Really hoping the winds allow the ship to dock in Bermuda…it’s a bucket list item for some reason. 🤷‍♀️  But I’ve warned my DH that this could be a cruise to nowhere…lol.  

Be sure to check out this, the 21st post.  It was taken this morning:

Has there been issues with ships not being able to make Bermuda recently?

Edited by jimsig

1 hour ago, jimsig said:

Be sure to check out this, the 21st post.  It was taken this morning:

Has there been issues with ships not being able to make Bermuda recently?

It is all weather dependent from what I’ve read.  I fully expect we make it into Bermuda…but I at least am aware that it could be changed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Oh I forgot to add that we have since upgraded to a Haven room, once we found out we weren't able to bid. Also after we did the math and realized we haven't been on a real vacation in 7 years. 😄

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

It is all weather dependent from what I’ve read.  I fully expect we make it into Bermuda…but I at least am aware that it could be changed.  

Being that it appears Bermuda is your only foreign port NCL will do pretty much what ever it takes to stop there as they don't want to be fined.  It's a big fine per passenger that the cruise line has to pay if they don't make a foreign port, something like $800 per passenger.  They don't want to lose out on that money.  

18 hours ago, laudergayle said:

26 days till Prima, NYC to Bermuda.  Really hoping the winds allow the ship to dock in Bermuda…it’s a bucket list item for some reason. 🤷‍♀️  But I’ve warned my DH that this could be a cruise to nowhere…lol.  Or worse…Canada with a spring wardrobe.

If it helps instill confidence, we did make it on Getaway to Bermuda last April! The weather wasn't great: windy and rainy. We only saw the sun one of our three days in Bermuda, but it was still a great place to see. I understand the bucket list thought for Bermuda. Who doesn't want to go there, at least once (I say this about literally everywhere)? 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, laudergayle said:

One of the stated benefits for Club Balcony Suites is early dining and entertainment reservations.  I recently read where someone in a club balcony successfully booked online at 125 days. Personally, the app has never allowed us to do early dining reservations when staying in club balcony.  We’ve had to wait until 120 days…I suppose I could have called and asked.  

Now that entertainment reservations can be made in advance (26 days for some, 21 days for most) I “assumed” that Club Balcony should be part of the early group.  We are 26 days out today…and not able to make entertainment reservations via the app, online, via chat or a phone call.  Just curious if anyone has had success being Club Balcony and early reservations?

I think you may be referring to my post regarding the club balcony. I'll confirm that I was actually able to book my dining at 125 days through the app. This was despite the fact that it was telling me to come back at the 120 day mark when I was looking at the app (and on the website) on day 126.

I'm also heading to Bermuda, but we'll be on the Pearl. I don't believe the Pearl has any entertainment that can be reserved, so I won't be able to contribute any data points for this part of the question.

Good luck and bon voyage!

• Thanks 1

I had the same experience as WorkingForOBC. App kept saying to come back at the 120 day mark - but at 125, I was able to book via the app with no problem. Booked a club balcony for our first NCL cruise. Best of luck. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, laudergayle said:

I'm on the Prima before you in 18 days. Don't even joke about that!  My cruise to Bermuda last September 2022 was diverted to Canada due to the hurricane! 

10 minutes ago, JGmf said:

I'm on the Prima before you in 18 days. Don't even joke about that!  My cruise to Bermuda last September 2022 was diverted to Canada due to the hurricane! 

Oh Lord…so sorry about that.  Your September cruise to Canada May have been the one where I realized anything was possible when cruising.  Well at least you now know to pack some extra warmer clothes…just in case. Best wishes for docking in Bermuda.