Star - Movies Under the Stars

RWKY

Can someone tell me if the Star has had the MUTS installed yet. We loved it on the Carib. Princess. Can anyone tell me if the quality of video and sound are as good on the Star (if it is installed) as it is on the Carib. Princess.

Finally, is the Star in good shape? When does it get its next drydock?

Last I heard, the next dry dock for Star Princess is this spring – and if MUTS were going to be installed, it would have happened then. Princess has rightfully re-thought its plans to retro-fit the Grand Class ships and now MUTS is only slated for its 3100 passenger new builds.

Last I heard, the next dry dock for Star Princess is this spring – and if MUTS were going to be installed, it would have happened then. Princess has rightfully re-thought its plans to retro-fit the Grand Class ships and now MUTS is only slated for its 3100 passenger new builds.

We will be on the 4/23 sailing. Do you know if she is going in before or after our sailing?

Thanks

We will be on the 4/23 sailing. Do you know if she is going in before or after our sailing?

Thanks

I don’t know, sorry. The information I got was with information about not retro-fitting the ship with MUTS, so I don’t know how firm it is. Might check her schedules and see if there are any gaps – good bet that would be the time she’d be in dry dock.

Don't have any info as to whether the Star will get MUTS or not. Just want to share that the installation of the system does not necessarily have to wait until dry dock. The Grand was retrofitted while in service. Only the finishing touches were added while in wet dock in Galveston in November of 2004.

Cheers!!

Don't have any info as to whether the Star will get MUTS or not. Just want to share that the installation of the system does not necessarily have to wait until dry dock. The Grand was retrofitted while in service. Only the finishing touches were added while in wet dock in Galveston in November of 2004.

Cheers!!

This is absolutely true, however Princess indicated after the installation of MUTS on Grand Princess that without doing it in dry dock, it was disruptive to the overall passenger cruise experience and not something they wanted to repeat with any later retro-fitting.

Archived