We enjoyed Princess coffee!

Kerry&LuAnn

I have been on six different cruise ships by Princess and I have never had a bad cup of coffee which by the way has been in the Horizon Ct. dining room and room service. I have also seen so many threads started on bad coffee. My DH and I both like the coffee but we do not love but in our minds it is drinkable. So each person on this board has different tastes just like food. Now talking about food we do not want to go there either. Food is very subjective. Isn't it nice that we have choices.

Marilyn

Can we come for dinner. We will bring the coffee. I hope you like Maxwell House. Unfortunately it is the Smooth Flavor type. I personally like the stuff from the 60's. I also hope the Wonder Bread is White. I really hate that stuff that is suppose to be good for you.

Cathy p

You can come. Can you stop and pick up Isaac (your friendly bartender) on the way? :)

I guess if you either do not like Starbucks or drink instant coffee at home then you probably will enjoy Princess instant syrup coffee..

Hmm, I HATE Starbucks - have tried to drink it maybe 10 times, different parts of the country - when I was seriously jonesing for a coffee and there was no place else to go - and couldn't take more than a sip.

I have twice had Starbucks brewed coffee that was not made at Starbucks, however - once was at dh's cousin's house (and it was good) and once was at a conference where they mass produced it (and it was probably in some syrup form originally) and it was drinkable.

I also hate Burger King's coffee...but it is better than Starbucks, to me.

I dislike instant coffee - but can drink it if there is no other coffee available.

I also dislike any kind of coffee that has a non-dairy creamer in it - but can drink it if necessary (I will have a massive caffeine withdrawal headache otherwise).

Coffee I love - my own (Maxwell House brewed in a cheap brewer) and Dunkin Donuts.

Princess' coffee fell into my last category - I drank it and didn't think anything of it (hate, love, dislike, bleeck) until I read on here how horrible it was. This is the category most coffee I drink falls into - what I have at friends' houses, what I buy at whatever corner bagel store or deli I go into, what I have at conferences.

BTW, I have never, ever liked Wonder Bread ;) . Not even when I was a kid..

We, too, just got off the Caribbean Princess. I must say the coffee was much better than any I've had on previous cruises. I brought along individual packs of Folger's (these are not instant coffee) to use on board because of past experiences where the coffee was absolutely horrible. I found, however, that I really didn't need to use them. We enjoyed the coffee in the Horizon at breakfast, and in the Dining Room as well. It didn't match the coffee at home, but it really was not bad.

Will be happy to bring the bartender. I think he is the only one I have heard of that does not make a Latte so I think is will be free that night. When I lived in Georgia I use to have a Dairy Queen with a donut and hot fudge very good stuff.

Cathy p

I dont like Starbuck's at all....much too bitter and strong.....I am not a coffee snob by any means....I dont like the after taste....DH said he thought the coffee was fine....just wished the coffee cups were larger, especially in the Horizon court.....but next time I am prepared.....coffee thermos mugs for his coffee from the Horizon court and mine from my coffee bags with hot water....then off to the aft pool area to sit, sip and relax.......

We just returned from a wonderful week aboard the Caribbean Princess, and we wanted to declare that we enjoyed the coffee!

We sailed with u.......and have been on 28 Princess cruises, 6 in 2005 and 2 so far this year.........no problem with the coffee...........we eat all meals in the Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe.........my husband delutes his by about 1/2 and i delute mine a small amount, but it certainly is not bad coffee and also enjoy a cup or two on deck 5 in the atrium.......

We had a fabulous cruise......our fellow passengers were super, the crews staff as always were wonderful , the weather was perfect , the food very good and most important to us..........the dancing was great.......especially our buddies Elua in Wheelhouse........

can't wait to go again.........

While I realize coffee just like food is subjective, I too must say I have no complaints about Princess coffee. I enjoy the coffee and I don't tell others they have to like it because I like it and at the same time I don't think they should tell me it's no good because they think it's no good. I think everyone should form their own opinion. If the OP liked the coffee, that's okay. Just my humble two cents worth.

its nice to hear a positve post about that horrible coffee haha:D
seriously, I liked how you put it..that you enjoyed the coffee,too many just state that the coffee is this or that, they should just say they enjoyed it or not. We all have different taste buds

[quote name='Kerry&LuAnn']We just returned from a wonderful week aboard the Caribbean Princess, and we wanted to declare that we enjoyed the coffee![/quote]

[quote name='m steve']Wonder bread is real bread
[/quote]
It's not real?? [B][I]Now[/I][/B] what am I gonna eat my Fluffernutter on??? By the way, the coffee on CB tastes like it has Chickory in it. Yuk:eek:(JMHO)

I am not a fan of restaurant coffee, and will drink it and fast food coffee only for the caffeine. I won't drink instant, no matter how badly i need the caffeine ( and btw, the folgers little baggy things do contain some instant coffee)

While its not my own preferred Millstone fresh grind ( its what I can afford) -- I have to say the coffee on my recent Sapphire cruise was very drinkable -- other than being too hot. I also enjoyed the dark thick coffee on my trip to Europe, so maybe the Princess coffee falls more into that category.

Maybe just dilute it with half a cup of hot water if its not to your liking?

[quote name='Coolmama_1']I had no problems with the coffee either. To me, bad coffee is better than no coffee!:)[/quote]

LOL....I agree with Coolmama, bad is better than none!

I lived in Seattle for years, and I DO enjoy a good cup of coffee. However, I will drink what I call "utility coffee" when necessary...lol..it gets the job done.

With that said, I will (hopefully) be going on my first cruise in January 2007, on the Dawn Princess for 11 days, and I would like to know that I CAN get a good cup of coffee when I want it. I am one of those that is not adverse at all to paying $3.00+ for a good latte. So......how are the lattes at the specialty coffee bar, and in the dining room?

We thought the Dining Room coffee was Ok...(could've been hotter)

The coffee in the Horizon Court tasted terrible...and every time I put cream in it to try and improve the taste a little, a sort of sludge would form on top...gross!!:eek:

I did find the atrium coffee to be quite good though. Maybe because the coffee was brewed in smaller amounts?

I like Starbucks coffee, and most coffeehouse brews for that matter. I tend to gravitate towards a stonger darker cup. CHEERS!:)

[quote name='Kerry&LuAnn']We just returned from a wonderful week aboard the Caribbean Princess, and we wanted to declare that we enjoyed the coffee![/QUOTE]I've never had a problem with the coffee on Princess (or Royal Caribbean) and I drink it black with no cream or sugar. I've tried Starbucks and hate it... can't understand how anyone can drink it. :( To each his own.

[quote name='coiran'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]You may not know this, but, Princess uses boxed wine from Sylvester Wineries - while at the most traveled party on the Regal recently I saw them filling bottles from a box.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Ron[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

TOO funny!!! :p Fortunately, everything tastes better when you are at sea. :rolleyes:

Archived