Ballroom dancing & other activities for younger people onboard HAL ships

CH_ca

I think I've read some posts mentioning about ballroom dancing being offered every night. But some of the posts are pre-pandemic.

Can anyone confirm if this is still available every night now? What time?

I'm trying to persuade a young couple to try HAL. They are not very into party cruises and love ballroom dancing. What other interesting things can they do onboard HAL?

Ballroom dancing is not promoted as an activity onboard but where there is a small dance floor in the music venues people will be dancing.  Line dancing was promoted as an activity on several of our recent cruises.   HAL promotes pickle ball for active people of all ages.

17 hours ago, CH_ca said:

I'm trying to persuade a young couple to try HAL. They are not very into party cruises and love ballroom dancing. What other interesting things can they do onboard HAL?

A young couple can have lots of fun on a HAL cruise because most of us are so worldly and fun.:classic_biggrin:

Pickle ball as mentioned is gaining popularity. There seems to be at least 4 versions of Trivia daily. We read and we people watch. Lots of people do gym time. The music scene can range from good to interesting. Better chance of line dancing then ballroom. A lot depends on the ship and the cruise. So many choices.

Reality, people cruise for any of 3 reasons. 1) Relax, 2) See new places and 3) Eat.

Include your friends in the discussion and be honest. A lot we are, but exciting is not at the top of the list.

On the Rotterdam now, we have a dance band which seems to be going to have 3 - 3/4 hour sets in the afternoon/early evening in the BBKings room.  It doesn’t seem that popular, but you never know, it might spread to other ships. 

• Like 1

Hey, I am curious what is considered a dance band on holland. I was on the rotterdam in December and they had bb kings, Lincoln center, rock room and 2 piano playes.  

The house band on princess was a group that did hits from the 50's/60's all the way to current music.  Is this the type of band you are talking about?

1 hour ago, jenp123 said:

Hey, I am curious what is considered a dance band on holland. I was on the rotterdam in December and they had bb kings, Lincoln center, rock room and 2 piano playes.  

The house band on princess was a group that did hits from the 50's/60's all the way to current music.  Is this the type of band you are talking about?

Something like that- there were about 20 people there, two couples dancing.

418DCBA0-E9C8-455D-8A8D-61124BABC9C4.thumb.jpeg.44916e3c2c3dc0a5cafac7a06a90db09.jpeg

I was on the Oosterdam last month and they had Tango lessons the first night.  I figured it was just a daily special feature since we were in Buenos Aires that day and the day prior. Nope, as it turns out they offered some dance lessons on each day of the cruise. (I suppose the dancers were already onboard, so might as well keep them working?) Not sure if there was ballroom, but there was more than just tango. Not my thing, but I walked by Rolling Stone Rock Room twice while they were going on and they surprised me by how well attended they were! Especially given there were only 2 teens, and mostly an older crowd aboard.  

• Like 1

Thank you everyone! After seeing so many reviews about Princess' mediocre food, I think they are swaying more towards HAL than Princess now. Hope HAL won't disappoint them! HAL's food was great pre-pandemic. Actually the best amongst the mass market brands IMHO!