QM2 Deck 11 Queens Grill - barking from kennels hardly noticeable

Wagtail adventures

We booked stateroom 11153 on the 15 December 22 Transatlantic on the QM2 but were a bit worried about being disturbed by barking from the kennels which sit right above this suite.  Anyway, you can hardly hear any barking at all from the suite.  In the bathroom I did hear the barking faintly but it didn't bother me at all.  I thought I'd mention it here as after reading some reviews from other forums we were quite concerned about being kept awake at night and could find very little information to reassure us.  We actually went straight to the Purser's office when we boarded to enquire about a change of suite but there were none available.

In the end we absolutely loved this stateroom.  It was 'end of terrace' with its own little corridor to get to its front door, and the view felt better without the Deck 8 lifeboats so close.  The QG restaurant was a matter of simply descending 4 floors from staircase D which was very close.  We were also a bit concerned about the overhang which I think forms part of the deck from the deck above, however we needn't have been as we didn't find it oppressive and actually liked the greater shelter it gave.  So, I'd recommend this stateroom, as probably the other 3 on Deck 11.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Thank you for reporting back on your experience, we did have a question about barking earlier in the year. It's good to have a first hand report.

We didn't take this cruise, so can't really comment on the barking....

Yes—thank you so much for posting this. We’re booked in that exact stateroom for an upcoming TA, and I’d been getting worried based on those earlier posts. This has put our mind at rest. Thanks again. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, airdis said:

Yes—thank you so much for posting this. We’re booked in that exact stateroom for an upcoming TA, and I’d been getting worried based on those earlier posts. This has put our mind at rest. Thanks again. 

I'm glad this has been useful.  This was the view from the balcony, facing forward.  I hope you enjoy your voyage as much as we did!

20221220_121701.jpg

• Like 3

There are some posters to this site who enjoy posting ‘alarmist’ stuff on the flimsiest of evidence.

I had booked well in advance third deck single cabins for my two TAs last year, and was most alarmed when someone posted on here that clubbers from the night club staggered down the third deck corridor late at night making a lot of noise so that it was difficult to sleep.

On both of my crossings the third floor single cabin corridor was almost completely quiet.  I can only assume that this reported disturbance happened just once, and the poster made it sound like a nightly occurrence.  

When single posters try to put you off a particular cabin because of their own personal experience, it is always important to seek out other views…

Edited by IB2
  • Like 1