Internet speeds and email downloads

Kudos2Fly

2 minutes ago, arealcheapskate said:

These are teleradiologists based in Australia or the UK. He can dictate 10 scans per hour easily. Basically the UK takes over for Australia during night time in Oz. Then during the day the Australian radiologists read UK scans (where it is night there(

These folks are making a million plus per year. 

Before or after the government takes it's share? 

I own my own business and want access at the best possible speed.  I enjoy my vacation much more knowing my business is running well in my absence.  If I can afford a $5000 cruise than I can afford the upgrade to premium internet.

That being said, the premium internet on the Beyond in the Caribbean was disappointing.  There were many times I could not make wifi phone calls on my Apple 12 with any reliability.  During one sea day, I literally walked around the entire pool deck, trying to make a phone call, but I could hear them and they couldn't hear me.   I then walked down to the customer service area, which is next to the internet help area, figuring the router signals would be better.  Same issue, I could hear who I was calling, but they couldn't hear me.

Please note, my complaint was making wifi calls, not watching streaming video or browsing web sites.

When we got into port, I just used the cell phone signal to, paid Verizon their $10/day fee, and was able to make calls with no problems

I was able to get emails with no problems.

• Thanks 1