Questions about the Joy

TACoor

Anyone who has recently sailed on the Joy - I have a few questions. We haven't cruised in three and a half years so some things may have changed (no doubt, in fact). What's the outlet/charging situation in a balcony cabin? Still not outlets in the bathroom, right? How many regular outlets are there in the cabin and where are they located? Are there any USB ports? Is it okay to bring a gadget that plugs into a standard outlet but provides three USB ports and two regular outlets?

What toiletries are provided in the bathroom? Shampoo? Conditioner? Bar soap or body wash?

Husband enjoys an occasional cigar. Where will he be able to smoke?

Might have more as I continue to think this through. Thanks for any insight you have!

5 minutes ago, TACoor said:

What's the outlet/charging situation in a balcony cabin? Still not outlets in the bathroom, right? How many regular outlets are there in the cabin and where are they located? Are there any USB ports?

The outlet situation hasn't changed.  Find any YouTube tour of the cabin type you're going to be in on the ship and they will cover these questions.

6 minutes ago, TACoor said:

Is it okay to bring a gadget that plugs into a standard outlet but provides three USB ports and two regular outlets?

As long as it isn't a 3-prong device advertising surge suppression it should be fine.  I say 3-prong because I have a 2-prong device that, for some reason, DID indicate some kind of surge protection but because it didn't have a grounded plug it is ok.

8 minutes ago, TACoor said:

NCL lists the smoking areas for their ships right in their FAQ on the website.  This ship actually has a cigar room. https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#smoking

9 minutes ago, TACoor said:

What toiletries are provided in the bathroom? Shampoo? Conditioner? Bar soap or body wash?

Shampoo and body wash (something that would also be answered through a room tour video)...

33 minutes ago, TACoor said:

Anyone who has recently sailed on the Joy - I have a few questions. We haven't cruised in three and a half years so some things may have changed (no doubt, in fact). What's the outlet/charging situation in a balcony cabin? Still not outlets in the bathroom, right? How many regular outlets are there in the cabin and where are they located? Are there any USB ports? Is it okay to bring a gadget that plugs into a standard outlet but provides three USB ports and two regular outlets?

Might have more as I continue to think this through. Thanks for any insight you have!

Just off the Joy in a standard Balcony cabin:

1. There are US and European outlets by the desk/vanity in the room.  Lamps on both sides of the bed have USB ports to charge....don't recall the bathroom.

2. No bar soap...liquid soap dispenser by the sinks and Body Wash, Shampoo, and Conditioner dispensers in the shower.

3.  Cigar lounge on Deck 8 Port side.

Just off the Joy in February.  At this point in time, nothing has really changed with cruising while on board the ship other than once a day service in your stateroom (some will debate this but it is the only change I have experienced). The main difference is pre-cruise with the 21 day check in on line and the check in (not boarding) times at the port. The 2 prior posters gave you all the information needed for onboard (and the YouTube video suggestion is spot on).

Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1