NCL Spirit and Bora Bora Port Stop

cidymom

I'm looking at a NCL cruise with a port stop in Bora Bora in 2024.  It appears there is only this one NCL cruise in all of 2024 that makes a stop there.  In reading posts from previous years, I thought there was a ban on large cruise ships with over 1,200 passengers coming into Bora Bora.  Has there been a change to the ban from their Government?  The prices are high for this cruise and I don't want to book and later find out after final payment that they can't make it into Bora Bora because they are over limit. The NCL reps don't have an answer and says to wait closer to the cruise date, which is no help as it will be too late!  Can anybody provide any input - it could be that I'm not in the loop to the changes happening in French Polynesia since Covid.  Thank you in advance for any input.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All of the published guidelines seem very clear that any ship with more than 1200 passengers cannot stop in Bora Bora.  That would mean your ship would not stop there.  Bora Bora is a great stop for the smaller ships and you can look at Paul Gauguin which specializes in French Polynesia

• Like 1