Duval st

crewsin250

Lsimon if you do not mine me asking what all did you and your husband do while in Key West. I would like info on the does and dont's of KW this way I will not waste time going to the dont's.

We will be in port from 3pm till 12am I know we will go to mallory Square for sunset.

Thanks for any help on KW

Paul

We've been there on a couple of cruise stops and recently stayed for a couple days. On cruise stops where there is no beach we've generally we're usually looking for both a good walk and a little shopping & people watching, key west is good for this. We've walked Duval st. looked at the shops & such.

Mallory square is fun, got there a good half hour or so before sunset, maybe a little earlier if you like watching street artists - mostly juggling & physical comedy type stuff.

If you want to eat or drink off the ship then go by the old seaport - walk along front street to the end (opposite side of Duval from your cruise ship)and you can walk around the harbor there. We really like either the Old Schooner Bar (very casual) or the Conch Republic Seafood Co. Both of these are open air and have great (very very fresh) seafood & drinks and nice entertainment (well most of the time it is nice). we prefer these place to the touristy place on Duval where food is mixed. (Although Conch Republic is a bit touristy). There are better places to eat if you want more expensive food, but these are great for a taste of Key West in my mind. If we were going there in the evening like you it would be a hard decision whether to eat there or on the ship.

Archived