Yacht club inside a good deal?

Btcutter

Help.  Trying MSC for the first time and heard great things about Yacht club.  Taking my parents in their 70's departing Barcelona for 7 nights.

2 inside rooms or 1 balcony suite in YC.  Pretty much same price.  They only cruised balcony never inside room.  But then we've never done YC either.

Thoughts and/advice.

53 minutes ago, Btcutter said:

Help.  Trying MSC for the first time and heard great things about Yacht club.  Taking my parents in their 70's departing Barcelona for 7 nights.

2 inside rooms or 1 balcony suite in YC.  Pretty much same price.  They only cruised balcony never inside room.  But then we've never done YC either.

Thoughts and/advice.

I think you’ll be happier with the space and two bathrooms of two YC insides. I went for the one on the same deck as the Top Sail Lounge so I can just walk down the hall to it. I sail in two weeks on Meraviglia so don’t have any personal experience yet. 

• Like 1

Only done 2 YC insides(Virtuosa), they are compact and functional for a 7n if you don't overpack.

We hardly used the cabin, so much easier to just go to the lounge if you want something like a morning coffee, drink snack etc.
Our first was right next to the lounge it was nearer to get drinks than in our own house(sitting to kitchen)

Our second was 2 decks down and although a bit concerned by the extra time/distance  was not a problem.

We were cold cruise, for a warm cruise I would aim for a cabin on a deck closer to the outside spaces and just treat that as the balcony .

Any cabin in YC you are not far from the facilities,  extra bath and privacy would lean towards 2 insides.

when we have picked YC cruises the choice(not) was 1 YIN available.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Btcutter said:

Thoughts and/advice.

For privacy alone, book inside....we usually do that anyway if the few available cabins are not already gone.

Do not delay booking insides, if that's your decision, they go very quickly! 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hamrag said:

For privacy alone, book inside....we usually do that anyway if the few available cabins are not already gone.

Appreciate the advice!

On 4/9/2023 at 1:59 AM, hamrag said:

You are so right about them going quickly. They are gone. 🥵