Walking to NYC Port (NCL)

skatie

48 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

Was crossing 12th avenue hard, with all the traffic?

Lots of people will be crossing the street.

There's a traffic light at the intersection and normally police are present on cruise days to assist with traffic control.

There's a median where you can wait if you can't safely complete the full crossing by the time the light changes.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ellis1138 said:

There is an island between the north and south directions of 12th Ave so you can make the crossing in two cycles of the light if you feel you need to do so. 

Edited by Brighton Line
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2023 at 11:55 AM, njhorseman said:

OK...you're much closer to the pier than you think because Google Maps directs you to the wrong entrance as I said earlier. No need to take Uber or a taxi. Just turn left (west) onto West 48th St. when you walk out the front door of the hotel, which is on West 48th St. between 10th and 11th Avenues. It's about 1000 ft. from the hotel to the corner of 12th Ave, and West 48th St. A 4-5 minute walk. There's a traffic light at 12th Ave. and West 48th St. and usually plenty of police presence on cruise day which makes it easy to cross 12th Ave. to enter the cruise terminal .

Any thoughts on Holiday Inn Express vs Comfort Inn on 48th st for the night? Comfort Inn is about 14,000 Pts cheaper. 

3 hours ago, Topdog52 said:

Any thoughts on Holiday Inn Express vs Comfort Inn on 48th st for the night? Comfort Inn is about 14,000 Pts cheaper. 

I can't compare them based on personal experience, but my son and DIL stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night a couple of years ago and said it was adequate for a one night stay. I suspect there's not a huge difference between the two so if you can get the Comfort Inn for a lot less then go ahead and book it.

23 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I can't compare them based on personal experience, but my son and DIL stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night a couple of years ago and said it was adequate for a one night stay. I suspect there's not a huge difference between the two so if you can get the Comfort Inn for a lot less then go ahead and book it.

Thank You!

On 5/15/2023 at 7:30 PM, Ellis1138 said:

No it was quite easy but there were lots of taxi drivers on that corner trying to get business from passengers coming off ship so it might take a couple of lights to get through the crowds depending on time of day but it’s an easy crossing.  

• Thanks 1