Quick Recap: NCL Jewel to the Mexican Riviera

natefish95

8 hours ago, natefish95 said:

Now for the biggest highlight, was my specialty dinner in Cagneys. I was able to get a reservation on board the night before I wanted to dine, which was nice because it was mostly showing sold out except for reservations at like 8pm. I'm a millennial, but eat dinner with all the Baby Boomers at 5pm. 

Oh, I so feel this! My husband and I are milliennials, but we're at dinner as soon as the restaurant opens! 5? 5:30? If it's 6, then we're disappointed. We actually had to make a dinner reservation for 7 PM one night on our most recent cruise due to the time we'd be coming back from an excursion. As soon as we got back on the ship we asked the concierge if we could bump that reservation up. It wasn't possible. The amount of yawning during dinner was epic. 

But, unlike most millennials, we do see a lot of sunrises! We've been on a, wake up at 5 AM schedule, due to my, then his, work schedule for years. Any vestige of being a night owl has slowly dissipated with each 5 AM wake up. Maybe when I retire, I'll be able to return to my college glory days of staying up until 3 AM and sleeping in until 10. 

Thanks so much for sharing your cruise experience with us! It was a delight to read. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 7:17 AM, majmaj4 said:

Fantastic review thank you!  I will be on the Jewel in a few weeks.  

What was your favorite bar?  Any favorite drinks?

I hung out at Maltings every night because Evangeline was AMAZING! So funny and makes great drinks. I don't drink bourbon AT ALL, but the bourbon blackberry smash was actually pretty good. 

I'm a big fruity/sweet drink type of guy, so I love the frozen Mango Metldown during the day. I usually drink Malibu and Pineapple during the day, but they had no Malibu all week 😞 

(I'm also glad the ship serves Coca Cola products now. I grew up in Atlanta and Pepsi simply will not do.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2023 at 8:46 AM, cruiseny4life said:

Oh, I so feel this! My husband and I are milliennials, but we're at dinner as soon as the restaurant opens! 5? 5:30? If it's 6, then we're disappointed. We actually had to make a dinner reservation for 7 PM one night on our most recent cruise due to the time we'd be coming back from an excursion. As soon as we got back on the ship we asked the concierge if we could bump that reservation up. It wasn't possible. The amount of yawning during dinner was epic. 

But, unlike most millennials, we do see a lot of sunrises! We've been on a, wake up at 5 AM schedule, due to my, then his, work schedule for years. Any vestige of being a night owl has slowly dissipated with each 5 AM wake up. Maybe when I retire, I'll be able to return to my college glory days of staying up until 3 AM and sleeping in until 10. 

Thanks so much for sharing your cruise experience with us! It was a delight to read. 

I even beat the rush most nights on Celebrity, whose demographic skews older than NCL. I'm still a big night owl and love staying up late. I used to do shift work and would be up at 4am most days, but now that I have a normal job, I can't be bothered to get in before 9am most days haha

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2023 at 8:50 PM, natefish95 said:

Wellllllllll, I think that about covers most things. If you have any questions, please ask and I will do my best to answer! 

Really looking forward to my Alaska cruise on the Jewel in September! My favorite bartender Evangeline will still be on board then too! 

What a great review, thank you for sharing your experience!  I’ll be on the Jewel in late September and was glad to see a recent review.  Last year on the Bliss, the whiskey bar was my favorite hangout spot!  And Cagney’s is always my favorite meal of the week.