Blue Hole and River Tubing with Lunch on Royal Carribean

dizzyr

Has anyone done this excursion? Would you recommend it? Are the falls at Blue Hole hard to climb? What does the exit point from the water look like? One member of our party is just under the max weight limit we are wondering if they will have any issues. They are very active and are an avid swimmer but would not be able to pull themself out of the water if it was a steep exit. 

• 5 months later...
35 minutes ago, tartist said:

Curious if anyone had done this as well. Also an excursion with Norwegian. 

I was the one who originally posted about it and we did end up doing it and it was fantastic. Our guide at Blue Hole (Diego) couldn’t have been more awesome - it was definitely the highlight of our trip. The river tubing part was fun but not as exciting. They make you wear helmets which was kind of silly because they didn’t seem necessary at all and they were super comfortable. The water wasn’t flowing very fast so people would get stuck on the banks quite a bit but the guide would come and pull you back into the centre with the group. That guide seemed a lot more cranky but it was raining and at the end of the day so maybe that’s why?! 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We did this excursion through the ship bc we were docking in Falmouth and didn’t want to risk private with that long drive. We just did the express (no lunch included). The excursion itself was the highlight of our trip. I am 41 and overweight and my youngest is 9 and we have two other kids and my husband and we could all do it no problem. The whole thing took about an hour. Our tour guide did a to go order at Scotchies for us which we just got two meals and shared. Not sure if that is typical.

• 2 months later...

Blue Hole and River Tubing is possibly the best excursions to enjoy your time on the island. 

most activities are in Ocho Rios such as Dunn's River Falls and the tubing is about 8 mins from the Falls.