Car Rental

jonsmom

We recently used Jay's Car Rental.  They meet you at the port, and walk to a parking lot to do your paper work.  This is also where you return the car.  We had reserved a car prior to arriving, others had not (but were accommodated)  Only issue is we clearly ordered an automatic, but after doing our paperwork, they gave us a manual, so we then had to wait for them to bring a car from their airport location and fill out paperwork again.  Wasted about 30 minutes, but it all worked out.

Following this, thanks for posting. We'll be there on May 30 and so far, my inclination is to use Hertz as they seem to be the biggest car rental agency with a location close to the cruise dock. Prices seem to be quite decent, though the exact location is a bit fuzzy as the address on LG Smith Blvd, right across the street from the dock is supposed to be a Renaissance hotel which has a different name. The Hertz site calls it "Renaissance Ocean Suites" but Google calls it "Renaissance Wind Creek". I have some more digging to do to sort out the mystery, but we'll probably use them. A very short walk from the ship, and we'd rather use a brand name agency.

7 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Following this, thanks for posting. We'll be there on May 30 and so far, my inclination is to use Hertz as they seem to be the biggest car rental agency with a location close to the cruise dock. Prices seem to be quite decent, though the exact location is a bit fuzzy as the address on LG Smith Blvd, right across the street from the dock is supposed to be a Renaissance hotel which has a different name. The Hertz site calls it "Renaissance Ocean Suites" but Google calls it "Renaissance Wind Creek". I have some more digging to do to sort out the mystery, but we'll probably use them. A very short walk from the ship, and we'd rather use a brand name agency.

Renaissance Ocean Suites and Renaissance Wind Creek are the same thing.  There is also Renaissance Marina Hotel.  The Ocean Suites sits along the waterfront,  right beside Renaissance Marketplace.  The Marina Hotel is across the street.  There is a car rental desk in the lobby at Ocean Suites.  I have a timeshare there.

2 hours ago, Hatteras51 said:

Renaissance Ocean Suites and Renaissance Wind Creek are the same thing.  There is also Renaissance Marina Hotel.  The Ocean Suites sits along the waterfront,  right beside Renaissance Marketplace.  The Marina Hotel is across the street.  There is a car rental desk in the lobby at Ocean Suites.  I have a timeshare there.

Excellent, thanks for the clarification.