Quick question about future discounts, please read...

My friends just got back from this cruise on RC and because of sickess, thye were given a discount on a future cruise that would be used within 2 years I believe. I know at least one of them is not going to use it, and I was wondering if I could use the discunt on a cruise I was hopefully planning on going on with a friend. Has anyone ever been able to do this? Legally would I just not be able to give her money for it, and then maybe I oculd use it, or would my friend have to use it becuase it was in my freind's name. I really think my friend should be able ot use it any way they like because of what happened on the cruise, but just wanted to see if anyone else has done or attempted anything like this? Also, anyone have any other ideas, like maube my friend would book the trip, but as a gift to me? Let me know please. Thank you.

Past cruisers who have posted on this board have said that the credit is totally non-transferable, not even to a close family member.

If anyone has a different experience, I am sure that I will be put in my place very quickly. :D

I am not sure how large it is as of yet, but on this trip, 50 dollars is quite a lot, especially for me becasue I am flying down to the ship. So any money saved for this college student is good. I posted because I wanted to see if anyone had done this or found a way, seeing as the cruiseline may not legally accept it but if my friend could book a trip (also giving them more credits) and as long as they pay, maybe they could put it inmyu name. This is a question I do not prefer to ask the cruiseline as it is not reall what they cover and is not on the books and their answer would have to be no.

I am not sure how large it is as of yet, but on this trip, 50 dollars is quite a lot, especially for me becasue I am flying down to the ship. So any money saved for this college student is good. I posted because I wanted to see if anyone had done this or found a way, seeing as the cruiseline may not legally accept it but if my friend could book a trip (also giving them more credits) and as long as they pay, maybe they could put it inmyu name. This is a question I do not prefer to ask the cruiseline as it is not reall what they cover and is not on the books and their answer would have to be no.

Your friend can book a cruise but the only credit he would get is for a cruise that HE takes not for ones booked for someone else to take. I book and pay for my kids trips but do not get the credit for the trip, only they may have that credit givenfor the cruise. The only coupon we could use on the kids was a friend coupon not the ones issued to us for our use.

If someone has found a way around that I would love to know how they did it also.

Archived