Celebrity Summit- how bad are the mattresses?

SPacificbound

On 5/12/2023 at 5:17 AM, goshjail said:

I am selling on Celebrity for the first time, even though I am diamond on royal Caribbean. However, I cannot sleep on a hard mattress so every time I travel I bring an air bed with me twin size. The stewards are always able to take the mattress off the bed for me so I can put my air mattress down and I sleep very comfortably.

I did the same whenever I travelled with my handicapped friend. The air worked much better for making pressure adjustments.

Stewards were very accommodating.

Cruised on the Summit in late April 2023 , I felt like our mattress was pretty hard , usually it does not bother me , but this time it did. It was only a 4 night cruise , so I didn’t make an issue about it .

Had it been a week or longer , I would have asked the cab8n steward for an egg crate pad.

27 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Cruised on the Summit in late April 2023 , I felt like our mattress was pretty hard , usually it does not bother me , but this time it did. It was only a 4 night cruise , so I didn’t make an issue about it .

Had it been a week or longer , I would have asked the cab8n steward for an egg crate pad.

I bet it was not as hard as what I had on Vision of the Seas.   Still when I sail on her out of Boston in Sept, I might ask for egg crate.   

• Like 1

Just got off the Summit today and beds were incredibly comfortable. Slept beautifully every night. At home I toss and turn…not sure how much the rocking of the ship contributes to great sleep, but a winner for me.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 2:25 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

I bet it was not as hard as what I had on Vision of the Seas.   Still when I sail on her out of Boston in Sept, I might ask for egg crate.   

If that is New England/ Canada itinerary I am jealous. We did it a few years ago and had a great time.

Hope you have a great cruise. 🚢

23 hours ago, horseymike said:

If that is New England/ Canada itinerary I am jealous. We did it a few years ago and had a great time.

Hope you have a great cruise. 🚢

yes the Summit from Boston.  also NCL goes out of Boston too.  Boston is great tor NE/Canada because you gain a day from having to sail from NYC area and even more so than Baltimore.

thanks for good wishes.  you sound like a nice polite person on cc.  

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yes the Summit from Boston.  also NCL goes out of Boston too.  Boston is great tor NE/Canada because you gain a day from having to sail from NYC area and even more so than Baltimore.

thanks for good wishes.  you sound like a nice polite person on cc.  

Your welcome and thanks. 👍

I have to say that the mattresses onboard Celebrtity are the one item I can’t fault at all. Maybe that’s just my bias/preference for firm mattresses but prior to my cruise I spent 4 nights at a hotel with a soft mattress and I was super sore after that.