NCL Gem Club Balcony Suite (used to be mini suite)

iloveglee

I have just upgrade to a club balcony suite from an inside cabin, there are four of us, all adults.  Set aside the space issue 4 adults etc, this is not the issue for us, we have travelled in RV's before all together.  In the UK.  Where it rains and you have to be inside it much of the time.   The inside has two single beds, and two pull down pullman beds.  We've had this configuration before for four and found it OK.  Manageable at least.  

I am beginning to panic now because of posts I have read elsewhere about the additional beds.  Some say it's a sofa bed but is very uncomfortable.  Some say it's a a sofa where the back cushion is removed to allow the width of a bed, and has a pullman also.   On the photos, it looks like a decent size sofa, which I assumed pulled out into a sofa bed, but others say no it doesn't pull out and the cabin steward doesn't do it as they don't have evening service.   

I do hope I haven't made a mistake, and any insights from anyone who has a cabin of this type on this ship would be appreciated.  Photos would be lovely if anyone has any.  

We had a club balcony "suite" on the Gem last summer, and allthough we were only 2 persons so didn't use the coach to sleep - it has a decent sice when in "regular position", with the width of what we in Norway call a "3-seater".

image.thumb.jpeg.87191438026cf9b56d0320ba4179ba5c.jpeg

Here are some other photos from the cabin:

image.thumb.jpeg.60cb4d414d4487b0b4e8c92aecc05016.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6dc5e62b87155fdf4244e7f9da052d05.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.51bce5a553245bc8a3f2a26bdfdf363d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.da256e2bcb8585cf9ef97fcfbf0aa473.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0fde60ee93ac282de567ad61d01e9c7e.jpeg

We were on a Club Balcony on the Gem last year.  Wasn't impressed.  The balcony itself was a little bigger than a normal balcony room but what I really hated was the tub.  I prefer a shower over a tub and it was high to get into when you are short and when the ship is rocking!  You do get a variety of cookies and chocolate covered strawberries on different days and you get free laundry mid week of your cruise.  Our room looked exactly like the pictures above.  Nice size room but I wouldn't pay extra money for a club balcony - we bided on it that is how we got that room.  Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, mamajean1113 said:

The balcony itself was a little bigger than a normal balcony room but what I really hated was the tub.

I was really hoping that the latest drydock on the Jewel class ships got rid of the bathtub in favour of the (freaking awesome!) shower in the club balcony on the Breakaway(+) class ships. Looks like that didn't happen😞

Was willing to take a chance on the potential noise (right under the pool deck / gym / spa, etc) but if it's still a tub...pass 😞