Coffeepot

Pattiepat

Am taking my small 4 cup coffeepot on board. Heard the Princess coffee is so baaad! I want my mornings started off right!:D What's the best way to take it onboard? I think it would take up too much space in my carryon......Do you think it would be alright in my checked luggage if I pack stuff around it?

I read about this once in a while, people packing unnecessary items. I love coffee, drink at least 5 cups every morning and I'm very particular about the type of beans, water and brewing system I use. But, when I'm on vacation, I deal with it and choose not to pack the extra stuff.

I haven't been on Princess, but every other line I've been on has coffee that is decent enough to drink from room service or the dining room. Just avoid the coffee from the buffet (avoid the whole buffet if you can!) and you'll be fine.

We were on the Sapphire to Alaska last August. We had to fly to Seattle, but once we arrived we bought a 4 cup pot and took it out of the box--put it in our carry on--no problem! We also stopped at a Starbucks and had the beans ground the day before we boarded. And belive me you will be very happy for all the effort you put into getting that coffee & pot on board! Princess is not the coffee lovers line--although the trip was excellent in most every other way! Just be careful who you inform of your coffee pot ,you may have early morning visitors looking for a good cup of coffee!:)

Wish all cruiselines would get those hot pots that NCL carries. Our cabin steward even refilled our coffee creamers each day and brought us new coffee packets. We have a small coffee pot with a plastic mug in place of a glass pot. Love it. We also have a plastic tea kettle. Don't need them on NCL.

I'm with happy ks, the coffee is really not that bad.

I am curious though as to what do you do about the moisture in the water reserve? Seems like it would not dry out and leak all over your suitcase.

Just a thought.

I packed my coffee pot in one of my carry on bags. It is plastic so I didn't have to worry about it at all. The pot makes 4 small cups in a large plastic mug and has a strainer instead of coffee filters. I used my plastic electric tea kettle too for tea and instant coffee. It has an automatic shutoff too. I loved sailing RCCL Jewel of the Seas in October but kept wishing they had those hot pots NCL that we had on NCL Dawn a year ago. That is why I bought my own pots that are lightweight and easy to pack in a carryon bag or backpack. I also love my collapsable table somebody on these boards suggested. It is great for dining under the stars. I was pleased on my RCCL cruise on Jewel of the Seas to find a dinner menu on the tv screen for each day of the cruise. We loved dining on our balcony a few nights. I am just one of those people who prefers dining in different venues each night.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

Archived