New to MSC - Loyalty Match Question

ksmcdonald

I just booked our first cruise with MSC, leaving in 10 days. I have filled out the loyalty program match form and both myself and husband match Carnival Platinum to MSC Gold. If I’ve already paid in full, can I still get the 5% discount for the cruise fare,  either by credit refund or OBC?  Is the $50 on board credit perk for Gold?  Looks like it says Silver thru Diamond would get OBC. 

what else can I expect from Gold status for this cruise?  Or do I have to wait until 2nd cruise to get any perks. 

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

With a sailing so close, I wouldn't risk anything. 

What is the risk in asking. I'm in a similar situation and about to call and ask. I'm only sailing next year, however I got the last starboard Aurea balcony and don't want to risk losing it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, freeon said:

What is the risk in asking. I'm in a similar situation and about to call and ask. I'm only sailing next year, however I got the last starboard Aurea balcony and don't want to risk losing it

With MSC, there is a risk of your booking getting totally messed up if you call and try to change something.....even something as simple as adding OBC from a promotion. I wouldn't risk it if sailing in 10 days. That doesn't give MSC enough time to fix whatever they (the phone rep) messed up. 

We just booked an MSC cruise in mid-October. We have sailed MSC a couple of times before, but overall we are Diamond on RCCL, so does that get us the Gold membership and whatever privileges that come with it?

When I booked, the gentleman looked up my account and he gave me the 5% discount, but I have another question. I am ex-military and I was told that MSC also offers a military discount--would I be eligible for that also?

Cheers

Len