Flight times from Norfolk

bluecruise1

15 hours ago, bluecruise1 said:

Is a 12:00 pm flight too early for a cruise that ends in Norfolk? I’ve never cruised from Norfolk before. What do you think? 

I live in Norfolk.  I would count on at least 1/2 hour to get to the airport from the cruise terminal.  It could take less time driving but   you can not count on optimal driving conditions.  Airport itself is pretty small but it can also back up.  Anything after noon should be safe.  Anything before could be quite stressful. The cruise terminal itself can really back up.... It has been awhile since I have cruised out of there but it was a nightmare 10 years ago.  VERY Poor traffic management.  Wish I could be more positive.  If you could arrange  to get a taxi or Uber a couple of blocks from terminal out of the congestion I would give it a try.  Google a picture of the surrounding area of the terminal and you will see what I mean.

Agree w/ Elsie above (we live in VA Beach).  Flights after noon would work best.  Even when we depart for Norfolk flights (we live about 20 minutes out from airport), we allocate an hour in case of traffic jams.  There is a small hike from airport check-in to TSA security and subsequent gates - factor in a nice 5-10 minute walk to get to the gate.

Edited by pasodancer