South America Cruise

dcbiker97

Hi all. We have booked a 14 night in Dec 2024 to go from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. Some of the cruise goes through Patagonia, which was a major reason we booked.  

We got an email yesterday with the following info: 

We're reaching out to inform you that Celebrity Equinox sailings departing December 7, 2024, December 21, 2024, February 15, 2025, and March 1, 2025 have been redeployed due to operational issues in Valparaiso and will now sail round trip from Buenos Aires.

They haven’t yet posted the new itineraries. I’m sure they will in the coming days, but I’m curious to know from folks that have done any RT from BA and whether you’ve gone to Patagonia as part of the cruise. It’s a 14 night and I’m not sure if that lends it self to be able to go.  I know they do Antarctic, Falkland Islands, Rio, etc from BA, but was curious specifically about Patagonia. 

16 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

Hi all. We have booked a 14 night in Dec 2024 to go from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. Some of the cruise goes through Patagonia, which was a major reason we booked.  

We got an email yesterday with the following info: 

We're reaching out to inform you that Celebrity Equinox sailings departing December 7, 2024, December 21, 2024, February 15, 2025, and March 1, 2025 have been redeployed due to operational issues in Valparaiso and will now sail round trip from Buenos Aires.

They haven’t yet posted the new itineraries. I’m sure they will in the coming days, but I’m curious to know from folks that have done any RT from BA and whether you’ve gone to Patagonia as part of the cruise. It’s a 14 night and I’m not sure if that lends it self to be able to go.  I know they do Antarctic, Falkland Islands, Rio, etc from BA, but was curious specifically about Patagonia. 

The typical 14 night round trip cruise out of Buenos Aires usually involve a visit to Antarctica and does not visit the Pacific side of the South American continent.  So I am not sure what Celebrity is planning on doing.  It will be interesting to find out.

A few years ago because of, I believe, labor problems at the port, Celebrity moved the embarkation/disembarkation from Valparaiso to nearby San Antonio for the 14 night sailings around Cape Horn.

I got the same email.  Also really curious about this as my cruise is not until Feb 2025.  Really wanted to see the fjords side too so hoping some itenerary change makes that possible (ie not just to Ushuaia and back).  I wish they would have informed about the actual changes when they sent this out.

• Like 1