Can you use ship board credits to book excursions before the cruise?

izzy6510

I will be on the WC 2023/2024 from L.A to London.

I was told by my travel agent - who asked Viking directly - if I could use my SBC to book excursions before the cruise 

and she told me I could.  When we went on the Homeland cruise last Sept 2022 Viking only allowed us to use SBC when we booked cruises

on board.  Does anyone know for sure?  

Are many of you taking advantage of the free shipment of luggage to the ship?  For those that have done it in the past what are the pros and cons?  For a WC

you would think free shipment of luggage would also include return trip. 

On the WC right now.

Yes, you can use the OBC you are given to book excursions before the cruise, when you can book your excursions the OBC takes care of the first chunk.  We used all given, plus some of our own.  When we got onboard, we had SBC in our account, which we have used for various things, including other excursions, which we have switched around.  It’s nice to have this $$ in our account, as we have used it for visits to the medical center x3, pedicures, a few items we forgot, etc.  So you can use it for excursions while on board, not before.

We used Luggage Forwarding and it worked well.  The pros were that it will take the bulk of your clothes and shoes, but there is a long list of things that you cannot ship….which was the con.  Make sure you pay attention to this list.   Supposedly we can use SBC to send a case home, I’m going to look into this because we still have SBC and I don’t think I’ll need all the tropical clothing I brought for the 30 days after London (we fly home from Reykjavik).  

15 hours ago, izzy6510 said:

I will be on the WC 2023/2024 from L.A to London.

I was told by my travel agent - who asked Viking directly - if I could use my SBC to book excursions before the cruise 

and she told me I could.  When we went on the Homeland cruise last Sept 2022 Viking only allowed us to use SBC when we booked cruises

on board.  Does anyone know for sure?  

Are many of you taking advantage of the free shipment of luggage to the ship?  For those that have done it in the past what are the pros and cons?  For a WC

you would think free shipment of luggage would also include return trip. 

Your pax statement and MVJ will advise how much OBC is available for purchasing optional shore-ex pre-cruise.

• Thanks 1