Serenade Dining and Show Questions

LarryF

Last year when we departed at 10pm from San Juan on the Golden Princess, dinner in the main dining rooms were open seating and there was no entertainment in the Theatre. Since there was no show, we met many of our fellow cruise critic members for a bon voyage drink at one of the pool bars.

Is this the same case on Serenade? Do you eat at your assigned tables or is it open seating? Is there a main show in the Theatre??

They tried open seating on Serenade a few years back for night of embarkation, but are back to the traditional seatings at your assigned tables. I'm glad about that - the year we had open seating the first night, we didn't meet our "real" tablemates until the next night, which was actually the first formal night, and it turned out it's the one cruise where we had to switch tables because of a couple of the people seated with us, and didn't get "settled" at a table until the 3rd night of the cruise. And there is a welcome aboard show that evening.

Jodi

Thanks...that's what I needed to know!

Larry, I just looked through your albums. What wonderful vacations you have had! You should put together a calendar for your friends. There are some fabulous pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Being that you've been on 3 different lines, do you have a fav?

We went on the Golden Princess in May 2004 and thought that was great and then got hooked on rccl. While we thought the service was better on Princess, we thought the entertainment and stuff to do was better on rccl.

After looking at the new Noordam - HAL, I am considering changing up.

Thoughts if any?

I'm glad you enjoyed the photos Michelle. I have made a couple of calandars.

We've actually been on Carnival, NCL, RCCL, Princess, RCCL and HAL. We really don't have a favorite and have enjoyed all of our cruises. Each line was unique in their own way. We wouldn't hesitate to cruise on each of these lines again, other than carnival. Carnival was a fun cruise I took my daughter on and we had a great time, but it was a little step below the other lines IMHO.

Archived