Over The Water Cabana in Labadee - Nellie's Beach or Barefoot Beach?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 6:47 PM, Scoobydobe7 said:

Barefoot Beach is the suite Beach, so imo ... less crowded  and the buffet is right there...also not far from ship

Thank you! We booked a hilltop cabana on Barefoot Beach! My wife vetoed the over the water cabana due to price. 😂

Edited by Chadr135

42 minutes ago, Chadr135 said:

Thank you! We booked a hilltop cabana on Barefoot Beach! My wife vetoed the over the water cabana due to price. 😂

A good call.  Our first time there we did over the water and the problem because you had quite a distance (relatively speaking) to get TO the water.  Beach can be a bit rocky - bring the water shoes!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chadr135 said:

I would choose Barefoot over Nellie....Barefoot is private and much less crowded. Just a heads up on the hilltop cabanas...you have to walk up and down a bunch of steep stone steps to get to your cabana and up and down from the beach each time. I have done all the cabana categories on Barefoot and now just book a standard..least expensive and very convenient location for food/bar/water ...you honestly wouldn't be spending as much time as you think in the cabana.

Edited by bajathree

43 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I would choose Barefoot over Nellie....Barefoot is private and much less crowded. Just a heads up on the hilltop cabanas...you have to walk up and down a bunch of steep stone steps to get to your cabana and up and down from the beach each time. I have done all the cabana categories on Barefoot and now just book a standard..least expensive and very convenient location for food/bar/water ...you honestly wouldn't be spending as much time as you think in the cabana.

Thanks for the advice...I didn't realize there would be a bit of a walk to the water...That's a bummer...I looked at the standard cabana but I didn't like that you're looking at loungers instead of the water.

So I started looking at the cabanas at Nellie's Beach again but that beach looks so crowded in comparison now to Barefoot now! 🫠

9 minutes ago, Chadr135 said:

Thanks for the advice...I didn't realize there would be a bit of a walk to the water...That's a bummer...I looked at the standard cabana but I didn't like that you're looking at loungers instead of the water.

So I started looking at the cabanas at Nellie's Beach again but that beach looks so crowded in comparison now to Barefoot now! 🫠

Stick with Barefoot 😉

• Like 1

It appears there is water access from the photo on RCCL's site...Has it changed since then? You know for the amount of money they're charging for these kinds of things you'd think they'd have more than one or two photos...

58 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 8.29.22 AM.png

4 minutes ago, Chadr135 said:

It appears there is water access from the photo on RCCL's site...Has it changed since then? You know for the amount of money they're charging for these kinds of things you'd think they'd have more than one or two photos...

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 8.29.22 AM.png

That is a picture of the over the water cabanas at Nellie

Edited by bajathree

I am a bit confused about the stop in Labadee Haiti, it says it RC private island. Do you have to pay to go on the beach and walk around and eat?  It looks like Coco Cay, which is free to walk around and sit on beach chairs.  

1 hour ago, Mr.McGinnty said:

I am a bit confused about the stop in Labadee Haiti, it says it RC private island. Do you have to pay to go on the beach and walk around and eat?  It looks like Coco Cay, which is free to walk around and sit on beach chairs.  

No, you can have a great day at no cost and have access to included food, loungers, etc.  Same as Coco Cay!

Labadee is a completely free beach day with free food just like at Coco Cay. You can get Cabanas that you have to pay for but it is not a necessity as there are plenty of loungers and umbrellas in the different beaches. 
Labadee is like what Coco Cay use to be before they made it into Perfect Day with the water park

and pools. 

It is their private destination.   Once you get off the ship, just walk down the pier and walk or tram to one of many beaches.   All are complimentary.  Lunch is included and comes from the ship.  If you have the drink package it works on Labadee as well. Some activities are extra.   There is no pool or water park. 

M

Would someone be able to share personal pictures of the Barefoot Beach Hilltop cabanas and the Nellie’s over the water?  We have reserved the Nellie’s one but now I’m second guessing.  We have a couple travelers that will spend most of the day in the shade as well as ones in and out of the water.  I’d rather be on Barefoot but unsure of the hike being mentioned.  Thanks!!

8 hours ago, 5280mom said:

Would someone be able to share personal pictures of the Barefoot Beach Hilltop cabanas and the Nellie’s over the water?  We have reserved the Nellie’s one but now I’m second guessing.  We have a couple travelers that will spend most of the day in the shade as well as ones in and out of the water.  I’d rather be on Barefoot but unsure of the hike being mentioned.  Thanks!!

I've found one or two Youtube videos, but there isn't a lot online unfortunately. We booked a Hilltop at Barefoot...I can share after our cruise in July but I'm not sure if that will help you! 

Edited by Chadr135
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 9:11 PM, MichaelCMTX said:

A good call.  Our first time there we did over the water and the problem because you had quite a distance (relatively speaking) to get TO the water.  Beach can be a bit rocky - bring the water shoes!

At Barefoot beach we had no long walk getting to the water from our over the water cabana.   there were steps between each cabana going down to the water.