Packing Film?

QuickieGlenn

If it's in your carry on you should be OK. If they use machines for checked baggage like the airports do, don't put the film in your checked luggage. These X-ray machines are a lot stronger and can damage unexposed film.

I purchased a small lead lined bag from a local camera store. I put all my film in it and place that in my carry on. The airport Xray machines will harm high speed film. It is an inexpensive way to protect your film.

I usually take my camcorder, digital camera, and 35mm with film. I put everything in one of the huge ziplok freezer bags and ask the guys at the airport, as well as the cruise ship, to 'hand-check' it. That way, nothing goes through x-ray, and nobody has ever refused to hand-check it for me. I take no chances with my vacation memories!:)

I agree with cotton!!!! I work at an airport for TSA and you can have any speed film hand checked. It won't damage camcorders or the tapes/discs for video cameras. only unexposed film can get damaged. I have pictures of every vacation all over my house. Most of my walls are half covered. I love it and whenever people come over, I get to relive all the vacations telling them where they were taken. I know that home decorators say you should keep family pictures in the bedrooms, but I love my family and I love to vacation with them.

I agree with cotton!!!! I work at an airport for TSA and you can have any speed film hand checked. It won't damage camcorders or the tapes/discs for video cameras. only unexposed film can get damaged. I have pictures of every vacation all over my house. Most of my walls are half covered. I love it and whenever people come over, I get to relive all the vacations telling them where they were taken. I know that home decorators say you should keep family pictures in the bedrooms, but I love my family and I love to vacation with them.

I see no reason why people need to keep family pictures in the bedrooms. We have them all over the house!

Archived