wedding spa info

Hi brides! We are getting married in St. Thomas in Dec 04. We'll be getting there on Brilliance of the Seas.

My questions is this: what's an approx. cost to have an updo, make-up, manicure and perhaps a relaxing massage going to run me. I just want to budget so we can spend more money AFTER the wedding having fun! Also (this makes it two questions...) how difficult is it to get these treatments on the ship the morning you come along side in a port? Wow, more questions as I think... can I book spa appointments prior to us arriving on the ship, or do I have to wait until we get onboard and get the admin. out of the way?

Daphne dabert@telus.net

I doubt you can get a manicure or a massage the day of your wedding. There probably won't be enough time. As far as hair and makeup, I would probably budget $120. I would check with the cruiseline or the wedding coordinators.

Good luck.

Penny and Patrick

newlyweds to be

Aboard the Mariner

and totally happy you will see.

Hi Daphne,

We got married last week in St. Thomas and cruised on Celebrity Century. I got my hair done on the ship an updo was $45. Jeff got a (surprise) manicure and pedicure which cost about $80. There was no make-up artist on the ship so luckily my Aunt had brought her supplies and did my make-up that day (priceless). On celebrity we were not allowed to book prior to sailing, so after we found our stateroom, I went straight to the salon and booked my appointments without any problem. Port days are usually not too booked. But, there was only one hairdresser on my ship who did updos and she told me that another bride on the ship had called the morning of to book her appointment but I already had her booked (moral of the story is to book right away and ease your mind if nothing else). Lastly, I had wanted to do a trial with the updo, but the hairdresser talked me out of it (and saved me money) because she said that hair will never turn out exactly the same way twice anyway so it just leads to dissapointment if you loved it and fear if you weren't crazy about it.

Good luck!

Karen

Thank you ladies! To Karen: Your advice is appreciated... I will book as soon as I get on board in December. We are cruising with Royal on the Brilliance. I can't wait! We will probably do the manicure thing the day before, but we aren't leaving the ship for the ceremony until 1130 hrs so we SHOULD have enough time for an updo. If not, I'll improvise; too many yrs in the military has taught me that much at least! LOL

Daphne

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;12;13;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

13/12 Brilliance of the sea

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Karen,

I just had another thought. If we are not able to book the stylist onboard, are there any salons shoreside in St Thoms that can be recommended? Should I pose this question on the ship, or will they not know?

Daphne

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;12;13;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

13/12 Brilliance of the sea

Archived