Panorama Aft Havana Balcony - I Would Not Book Again

pppiglet

On 4/21/2023 at 3:54 AM, CruiseHealing said:

We have had Aft cabins at least 15 times.  Soot on the Panorama and a couple of times on the Sunshine.  Wear your flip flops and wipe down the furniture. Problem solved. 

There really wasn't anything available to wipe it down with.  I didn't pack anything expecting to wipe down my balcony everyday. 

On 4/21/2023 at 5:54 AM, CruiseHealing said:

We have had Aft cabins at least 15 times.  Soot on the Panorama and a couple of times on the Sunshine.  Wear your flip flops and wipe down the furniture. Problem solved. 

Are you related to Blerk? 🤣

On 4/22/2023 at 12:41 PM, Indiansbaseball said:

Anyone had this problem on Magic ? Aft wraparound ? 

I had an aft wrap on Magic in November.  On just one day I had some light soot.  After that I made sure to check each day, but it didn't happen again.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 2:50 AM, Pellaz said:

Soot from the ship's funnel can occur on any outside exposed surface; it all depends on which direction the apparent wind across the deck is blowing for the duration of your cruise.  

We've had several aft balconies on cruises and had no problem with soot at all...whereas on our Horizon cruise last year, we had some soot on our Havana "cabana" patio which was not directly aft at all.  

This. All depends on the wind. Had an Aft on a cruise to HI. On the 4 days there, with the wind at our backs, not a drop of soot. The four days coming back, going into the wind, there was soot all over the balcony. Having balconies above you may help shield a bit. 

On 4/16/2023 at 3:39 PM, pppiglet said:

We were in 7461 and my sister was in 7465 and the soot falling on the aft balconies was so bad we hardly used it.  They cleaned it the day before we had to get off the ship and by that night it was dirty again.  The room steward would clean the table only daily.  

I went out barefoot and had to get in the shower to scrub my feet and we could never go out without putting shoes on first. The balcony was moist most of the time and even if you wore shoes, you would track the dirt back into the room.

The chairs and railing were never wiped down, so if you book one of these rooms, do not lean on the railing or sit on the chairs without wiping them off first. 

I was in 7461 Nov 2022. Horrible room. So much smaller than the other balcony rooms plus you cant enjoy outside because of all the soot. We were so excited to have an aft balcony! Never again. Sooo dirty

Edited by calicruzr

When we cruised on Vista  about 7 years ago...I recall soot falling on us while we lounged by pool in Havana area.... They immediately cleaned the area....I don't recall it happening more than once

5 hours ago, TreyB said:

Lol, what do you people not understand with the unique Carnival funnel design facing aft and booking an aft cabin exposed to the downdraft?  

lol, it's almost as if the prevailing wind direction has nothing to do with it at all.  

And, uh, what "downdraft" is uniquely caused by the shape of the funnel?