Semi live Iona Fjords April

Vampiress88

On 4/22/2023 at 9:27 AM, Interestedcruisefan said:

What's great about it?

We might take a look in May

Sorry for late reply! They have lots about how Norways economy hugely hinges on Oil which I didn't know- the oil actually belongs to all the citizens of Norway so everyone is technically rich from it, even if they can't cash it in. Really interesting.

They also have lots of displays about oil rigs and drilling, a kids play area and a mini oil rig you can climb around in- although watch out of the 'escape chute' as I know someone who broke his foot jumping down it!

I think we spent around 3hrs there and it was much more interesting than it sounds, although I did slightly reach my limit when my husband wanted to examine each and every drill bit on display.

Thanks for the review Vamps, have loved reading it! Have an amazing time in Florida. I'm looking at booking Iona for Oct 24 half term so it's been really helpful 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SquishTheWhale said:

Sorry for late reply! They have lots about how Norways economy hugely hinges on Oil which I didn't know- the oil actually belongs to all the citizens of Norway so everyone is technically rich from it, even if they can't cash it in. Really interesting.

They also have lots of displays about oil rigs and drilling, a kids play area and a mini oil rig you can climb around in- although watch out of the 'escape chute' as I know someone who broke his foot jumping down it!

I think we spent around 3hrs there and it was much more interesting than it sounds, although I did slightly reach my limit when my husband wanted to examine each and every drill bit on display.

Thanks for the review Vamps, have loved reading it! Have an amazing time in Florida. I'm looking at booking Iona for Oct 24 half term so it's been really helpful 🙂

Are you tied to school holidays with nursery? Cos it’s very expensive. We are back on iona in December for Georgias birthday. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Are you tied to school holidays with nursery? Cos it’s very expensive. We are back on iona in December for Georgias birthday. 

Not with nursery but Hiro will have started school by then (Oct 2024 not 24th Oct this year, just realised I wasn't clear)! Can't believe he starts next year.

Oct 2024 half term is actually pretty reasonable (or so I think anyway!) and there's a 7 day southern Europe itinerary which is unusual for the usual Iona and Arvia offerings

We also have Azura canaries booked for this December but really wanted to go on Iona

Edited by SquishTheWhale

1 hour ago, SquishTheWhale said:

Not with nursery but Hiro will have started school by then (Oct 2024 not 24th Oct this year, just realised I wasn't clear)! Can't believe he starts next year.

Oct 2024 half term is actually pretty reasonable (or so I think anyway!) and there's a 7 day southern Europe itinerary which is unusual for the usual Iona and Arvia offerings

We also have Azura canaries booked for this December but really wanted to go on Iona

School holidays for us is an extra £1000 so I’m just going to pay the fine. 
we have one in December 24 but that has to be the only one we take them out of that year. Scarlett is doing sats so having to make sure I play it right. The week we go they usually only do Christmas plays and not much 

and we got a really good deal for two weeks in easter holidays as our Easter holidays seem to fall slightly different in 2025

i want the fjords in May 25 but I’ve had a tizzy over that. when I go online to book it gives me £1888 then when I go to secure it jumps to £3146! And I’m not paying that. 

Also I don’t think you can get fined until after their 5th birthday fyi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

School holidays for us is an extra £1000 so I’m just going to pay the fine. 
we have one in December 24 but that has to be the only one we take them out of that year. Scarlett is doing sats so having to make sure I play it right. The week we go they usually only do Christmas plays and not much 

and we got a really good deal for two weeks in easter holidays as our Easter holidays seem to fall slightly different in 2025

i want the fjords in May 25 but I’ve had a tizzy over that. when I go online to book it gives me £1888 then when I go to secure it jumps to £3146! And I’m not paying that. 

Also I don’t think you can get fined until after their 5th birthday fyi

Yes to be fair it's the annual leave days once he starts school rather than the fines- it'll be a struggle enough to cover 12 weeks a year without adding more! We'll probably end up taking him out to go to Florida at one point though.

I'm having that pricing glitch too with the 2025 cruises- I think it doesn't add on the extra passenger fares until you actually go through to book it's so annoying. Oct half term was 1.5k for us though which isn't bad

Edited by SquishTheWhale