Holland America BOGO Gift Card offer

MONYMONY68

HAL has offered a BOGO gift card offer during their anniversary.  I've been waiting for them to post this offer, but it hasn't come up yet.  In the past, it was a 10% bonus gift card.  For example, a $1,000 gift card purchase would yield you a $100 bonus gift card.  I keep checking their website and haven't seen this offer yet.  Does anyone have the inside scoop on this?

15 hours ago, MONYMONY68 said:

HAL has offered a BOGO gift card offer during their anniversary.  I've been waiting for them to post this offer, but it hasn't come up yet.  In the past, it was a 10% bonus gift card.  For example, a $1,000 gift card purchase would yield you a $100 bonus gift card.  I keep checking their website and haven't seen this offer yet.  Does anyone have the inside scoop on this?

You can get 10% off of HAL gift cards on the AARP website. This actually saves you a little more than getting a 10% bonus. Example - $1,000 for $1,100 worth of gift cards with bonus. $990 for $1,100 in gift cards with a 10% discount. It may not seem like much of a difference, but it adds up, especially on longer or more expensive cruises.

Edited by funntheson
correction
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, funntheson said:

You can get 10% off of HAL gift cards on the AARP website. This actually saves you a little more than getting a 10% bonus. Example - $1,000 for $1,100 worth of gift cards with bonus. $990 for $1,100 in gift cards with a 10% discount. It may not seem like much of a difference, but it adds up, especially on longer or more expensive cruises.

The other plus from going through AARP is the cards they sell at a 10% discount are the regular HAL gift cards with no expiration date.  When HAL offers their bonus gift card deal, their 10% bonus cards have an expiration date--I believe it's 1 year from purchase.  Getting cards through AARP also cuts in half the number of cards you need to apply--no bonus card to apply. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I am waiting also.  Even though i get them from AARP if I buy them from HAL directly my travel credit card gives me extra points.  

Even when HAL sells them they are not sold by HAL, it is an outside company that sells gift cards so you will not receive any extra points for Travel from a Credit Card.

32 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Even when HAL sells them they are not sold by HAL, it is an outside company that sells gift cards so you will not receive any extra points for Travel from a Credit Card.

That’s too bad, they used to be marked Holland America and that was enough to get the bonus points. 

On 4/17/2023 at 5:54 PM, MONYMONY68 said:

They offered this last year for Mother's Day - directly from HAL

You can also get 10% off on $100 or $500 electronic gift cards if you are an AARP member.  You can purchase 5 cards per month of any denomination.  I used this to pay for a good portion of the last cruise + purchased another online when I my bill was high enough for another card while onboard.