MSC Seashore Bridge of Sighs repair

leics_damo

Does anyone who is on the Seashore or has sailed on her recently have any information or update when they expect the Bridge of Sighs to be repaired and open again? 

We cruise in 3 weeks so kinda hoping it will be sorted by then!

I've seen cracks on the Bridge of Sighs and on the Infinity Bridge for both Seaside and Seashore but the cracks were never severe enough for either to be closed. 

That's messed up if any of them are closed. 

Repairing might not be the issue if getting it inspected is the problem. I would imagine that the insurance company needs everything to be double, triple, and quadruple checked before letting guests walk across again. 

22 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I've seen cracks on the Bridge of Sighs and on the Infinity Bridge for both Seaside and Seashore but the cracks were never severe enough for either to be closed. 

That's messed up if any of them are closed. 

Repairing might not be the issue if getting it inspected is the problem. I would imagine that the insurance company needs everything to be double, triple, and quadruple checked before letting guests walk across again. 

They should make it like the one in Squid Game.

• Haha 1

It's degrees of 'fail' at no point was the structural integrity of the bridge ever in question, it's made up of multi layered glass panels, only the top surface 'splintered', probably due to someone dropping something heavy on it like a phone/camera etc...it's shatter proof glass so it basically just cracks into lots of very small pieces but still held together by a laminate coating. These splinters are hazardous obviously as you don't want bits of glass everywhere, but the actual bridge itself is perfectly safe. You could walk on it now and it take your weight and actually be perfectly safe, it's only the bits of glass that cause the hazard. They are most likely just waiting for the replacement pane to be manufactured, shipped/fitted and signed off

9 hours ago, leics_damo said:

It's degrees of 'fail' at no point was the structural integrity of the bridge ever in question, it's made up of multi layered glass panels, only the top surface 'splintered', probably due to someone dropping something heavy on it like a phone/camera etc...it's shatter proof glass so it basically just cracks into lots of very small pieces but still held together by a laminate coating. These splinters are hazardous obviously as you don't want bits of glass everywhere, but the actual bridge itself is perfectly safe. You could walk on it now and it take your weight and actually be perfectly safe, it's only the bits of glass that cause the hazard. They are most likely just waiting for the replacement pane to be manufactured, shipped/fitted and signed off

I was joking, FYI. 🙂