Art classes on HAL

Giggleypuff

Hi everyone,

I am sailing to Alaska in a couple weeks on the Nieuw Amsterdam. The itinerary shows different art classes throughout the day like origami, colouring, and some about drawing. From what I can see on google, this seems to be new for short voyages. Has anyone done these classes? Did you find them fun or would it be better to do another activity during that time? The art studio is listed as deck 11 but I don’t see it on the floor plans; does it have good views?

They had these classes on the Koningsdam in Jan.  They

used the old computer class room. The painting classes were on a tv video. They supplied the products with a finished picture to see. There was a charge for the class.  The origami was shown by a crew member, free  The coloring was colored pencil and picture (think coloring book),free.

Edited by sunnygidget

33 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

On my recent voyage there were craft classes with a fee as they did provide supplies.  It was always packed with many takers of all ages.  I never could get a spot 

I went to every craft class on the Grand South America Volendam and there was not a charge for the classes.  Classes were on three times per day. 10:00 am. 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm.  The 2:00om and 4:00pm classes were not full.  There were quite a few of us who want everyday at 10:00am.  There was also a free watercolour class twice per day at 9:00 am and 1:00pm.  

The art studio is now in the Crow's Nest on Nieuw Amsterdam. This was recently opened along with the Library. The painting class has a charge but all other classes are free. Origami was really popular and difficult to find seating for.

• Like 2