Contacting Cruise Connect/Intercruise to book.

FangedRose

Over the last few days I have tried several times to phone Cruise Connect to book my included coach travel for a cruise in July. After being on hold for between 12 to 20 minutes I get either one phone ring out then silence (but the call continues in complete silence) ,or diverted to voicemail, which is full and I cannot leave a message, and the call is ended.

Has anyone else tried to book a coach transfer recently?

• Like 1

Yes, they admit they have telephone problems. I rang 3 times, the first 2 just rang and stopped as Fanged Rose says, but on the 3rd. time the phone was answed. I had to do this twice and the same thing happened both times.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FangedRose said:

Over the last few days I have tried several times to phone Cruise Connect to book my included coach travel for a cruise in July. After being on hold for between 12 to 20 minutes I get either one phone ring out then silence (but the call continues in complete silence) ,or diverted to voicemail, which is full and I cannot leave a message, and the call is ended.

Has anyone else tried to book a coach transfer recently?

Try booking online.

https://www.intercruises.com/cruiseconnect/index.php/booking

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having great difficulty getting in contact with this company.  I am unable to book online due to a disability request that requires a telephone booking. This is not the kind of customer service that Princess, P & O and Cunard should be supporting.

Edited by MRS TIGGYWINKLE
missed words
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MRS TIGGYWINKLE said:

I too am having great difficulty getting in contact with this company.  I am unable to book online due to a disability request that requires a telephone booking. This is not the kind of customer service that Princess, P & O and Cunard should be supporting.

I’ve been trying all day to phone using the two phone numbers. I’ve filled out the online form and left my phone number so hopefully they will ring back. 

Just now, CGreenhills said:

I’ve been trying all day to phone using the two phone numbers. I’ve filled out the online form and left my phone number so hopefully they will ring back. 

I have done that too but have to say I am not hopeful. The incessant music while waiting for a human to pick up my call has given me a headache!! 
Please update if you have any success 😊

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 5:40 PM, MRS TIGGYWINKLE said:

I have done that too but have to say I am not hopeful. The incessant music while waiting for a human to pick up my call has given me a headache!! 
Please update if you have any success 😊

I’ve heard nothing yet. I’ll wait until after the bank holiday and try again. If not I’ll ring Cunard and see what they say. 

Just checked alternatives.

Eavesway doesn't pick up locally anymore  so will involve taxi, train, taxi, hotel then Eavesway. Same on return.

Train involves two changes plus London Tube. Then taxis at either end. Plus a hotel.

I am struggling to find any other feasible way! May have to cancel.

5 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

Eavesway doesn't pick up locally anymore  so will involve taxi, train, taxi, hotel then Eavesway. Same on return.

Train involves two changes plus London Tube. Then taxis at either end. Plus a hotel.

Persevere. We have used them from Leeds some 20 times and no problems.Also try National. They picked us up in Leeds and we changed in Birmingham ok.

Edited by Yorkypete

1 minute ago, Yorkypete said:

Persevere. We have used them from Leeds some 20 times and no problems.

So have I! But you can't persevere when they won't talk to you!

• Like 1

We have also used them on numerous occasions without any issues but have always been able to communicate by phone.  This is an entirely new problem.  Even the cruise company will not give me a straight answer as to what may be going on.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

Persevere. We have used them from Leeds some 20 times and no problems.Also try National. They picked us up in Leeds and we changed in Birmingham ok.

National Express only has one service per day. It leaves at 0.50.  Arrives at Birmingham at 6.30 with a three hour wait for the connection. It does arrive in Southampton at 12.30 though. 

A 5am start wipes me out for a day, it would take me week to recover from that journey!

3 hours ago, FangedRose said:

There used to be a cross country rail service that started up north or the midlands and stopped at Southampton, we used to pick it up at Reading

On 5/6/2023 at 3:56 PM, MRS TIGGYWINKLE said:

We have also used them on numerous occasions without any issues but have always been able to communicate by phone.  This is an entirely new problem.  Even the cruise company will not give me a straight answer as to what may be going on.  

when is your cruise? We’re not travelling until August so I’m not too worried but I would like to get the bus sorted 

28 minutes ago, CGreenhills said:

when is your cruise? We’re not travelling until August so I’m not too worried but I would like to get the bus sorted 

Like you we are cruising in August but like to know the coach is booked once we have made the final payment. 

On 5/6/2023 at 4:29 PM, FangedRose said:

National Express only has one service per day. It leaves at 0.50.  Arrives at Birmingham at 6.30 with a three hour wait for the connection. It does arrive in Southampton at 12.30 though. 

A 5am start wipes me out for a day, it would take me week to recover from that journey!

Carlisle to Southampton....11.35 pm...arrives London Victoria at 06.30, leaves at 8.30 and arrives Southampton at 10.50.. We have used a similar service from Leeds. Sleep on the coach and breakfast and coffee in Victoria.

13 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

Carlisle to Southampton....11.35 pm...arrives London Victoria at 06.30, leaves at 8.30 and arrives Southampton at 10.50.. We have used a similar service from Leeds. Sleep on the coach and breakfast and coffee in Victoria.

That option didn't come up when I did a dummy booking on their website.

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I booked with Eavesway 2 weeks ago with no problem getting through.  Past experience has taught me that the best time to call is when they open at 9am.

Good luck.

But, Eavesway don't provide the included transfers for P&O. And, don't pickup anywhere near me.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MRS TIGGYWINKLE said:

Like you we are cruising in August but like to know the coach is booked once we have made the final payment. 

I'm cruising in July.