Vista changes

pinotlover

21 hours ago, jazznruby said:

Rather than all this speculation, wouldn't it make more sense to just wait until the first (or second, or third) reviews are in, which will be soon, to form opinions about Vista? Sometimes change is actually a good thing. Having two Vista cruises booked for next year, I'm anxiously waiting... with an open mind.

This was my post, not Jancruz's. She was commenting. 

5 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Unfortunately I am not at liberty to say..

Jancruz1

The old Oceania preference for non communication of facts. Humm 🤔

My only comment is not to blast paying customers for any random speculation when Oceania refuses to disclose even minor details of upcoming cruise details.

Is that fair? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Yes, refund applied. Actually my SBC was credited back. 
my understanding is that Privee on Vista will be more like a La Reserve gourmet/wine pairing dinner location for 8. On Marina and Riviera it will continue to be available to book for the evening at the $300 rate for Private dinner parties. 
Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

Has anyone who had their Privee cancelled seen the refund on their credit card?  

Yes.  In fact, that was how we found out initially that it was cancelled, prior to receiving their email.  Oddly, they didn't just give us 2 payments of $300 or 1 payment of $600.  Rather, they gave us 1 payment of $478 and a second of $122.  Remember, Miami operates in mysterious ways.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

I will say that the announcement certainly clarified an older mystery. Bob Binder was a very capable and respected President of Oceania. Having come from a corporate background myself, I’m guessing Bob recognized the “ Ascendancy “ as inevitable and someone whispered to him that he wouldn’t ascend to the Throne ( NCLH Chairman). Bob thus decided to depart on his terms and his timing instead of having the inevitable  forced upon him. Howard Sherman was always a placeholder waiting for Jr to punch a couple tickets.

That is not true..

Bob had always planned to retire as his SO Walter is older than Bob and wanted to spend more time traveling and working at the vineyard so it had been in the works for at least 3 years and Bob kept post poning it due to the Pandemic..they are having a great time and Bob doesnt miss the stress in the least..he will be on Vista and unfortunately I will miss him..

Jancruz1

• Like 6

On 4/22/2023 at 3:52 PM, jazznruby said:

Rather than all this speculation, wouldn't it make more sense to just wait until the first (or second, or third) reviews are in, which will be soon, to form opinions about Vista? Sometimes change is actually a good thing. Having two Vista cruises booked for next year, I'm anxiously waiting... with an open mind.

If we were still on the cruise I'd be among those to "wait and see".  But since we're not ... I'm not regretting our decision.

Will check 2024 itineraries to see if something appeals.'

Mura

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mura said:

If we were still on the cruise I'd be among those to "wait and see".  But since we're not ... I'm not regretting our decision.

Will check 2024 itineraries to see if something appeals.'

Mura

Mura;

Since the Privee episode, for which this thread was started, my DW and myself have opted for a new approach for our upcoming June cruise on Vista. Having cruised twice with Oceania since restart , we have noticed quite a few changes and inconsistencies from the prior product.

With this in mind, we are purging any and all expectations of food quality, service quality, senior staff communications, and operational functions. We are going to embark as if we’ve never been on the cruise line or ship in the past. No expectations, just wait and see what unfolds before us. Zero comparisons to “ other “ lines. It’ll be like a blind tasting in a wine line up. Show me what you have now. No other vintage or wines matter.

To aid in this adventure, we are taking no ship shore tours, all private ones. Not having to deal with Destination Services will be a bonus for all parties! 

One feature, that should aid the Vista, is that they have cherry picked the staff. The best waiters, both bar and restaurant, we encountered all had contracts on the Vista. Same with room attendants. After such cherry picking, glad we’re not on other O cruises for the short haul! 😳😂. They are staffed with those not selected for the Vista’s debut.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

One feature, that should aid the Vista, is that they have cherry picked the staff. The best waiters, both bar and restaurant, we encountered all had contracts on the Vista. Same with room attendants. After such cherry picking, glad we’re not on other O cruises for the short haul! 😳😂. They are staffed with those not selected for the Vista’s debut.

Just of the Sirena and there were some excellent managers and staff with no plans to be transferred to the Vista. We’re not in a rush to book the Vista because of the itineraries that aren’t very interesting to us.

Edited by osandomir

Oceania handled the transition to new ships exactly the same for Marina and then Riviera.  While they will have raided the talent pool, there are still a lot of wonderful staff to care for guests on the other ships. This transition has been planned for years and we are over 18 months past the Covid decimation of the cruise lines.  There are a lot of great managers and talented staff there for us all to enjoy our cruises. 
We are looking forward to reuniting with these great people next weekend in Rome when we board Vista.  It will be Old Home Week 👍🙏😇. Lots of smiles and hugs to share and undoubtedly some tears because the staff is that much a family. 
JMHO,

Mauibabes

• Like 5