Free style dining?

6 minutes ago, willow surfside said:

So we have not cruised with NCL in years so not familiar with the free style dining..can someone explain please.

is this something we have to make reservations for every night??  Or just show up?? Do they have a “main dining room”

please help

thanks

Just show top anytime in the MDR.  If you want specialty dining, you should make reservations before you get on board, or make reservations for specialty dining when you get onboard.

No reservations needed ( unless you have a large group) for any of the free restaurants.  

14 minutes ago, willow surfside said:

So we have not cruised with NCL in years so not familiar with the free style dining..can someone explain please.

is this something we have to make reservations for every night??  Or just show up?? Do they have a “main dining room”

please help

thanks

There are two or three main dining rooms, as well as other included options such as the buffet, 24 hour place (bar food) and on some ships an Asian restaurant. If these, reservations are only available in the MDRs, and you can go to any without reservations (although there may be a wait at times).

Then there are the speciality restaurants, which have an extra charge, or are included in the dining plan. Most of these have reservations and these are recommended if you want to guarantee getting in. Bookings open up 120 days out (longer for some room types or latitudes levels) with some more reservations being released on embarkation day.

Speciality reataurants can book up early in the cruise, although people do report being successful with walk ups. I can’t comment on that from experience as we always reserve in advance.

Just now, willow surfside said:

Ok so do we actually need to make reservations for free style or stand in line.

I do understand the specialty restaurants but on other cruise lines have just requested early or late dining.

thanks 

No need. I have never made a reservation at an included restaurant.

If you are a larger group then reservations may be useful.

Just now, willow surfside said:

Sorry I see the answer in the previous posts…BUT..we DO have a group of 10 so should we ask for reservations to MDR and if so how do we do that

For a group of 10 then I believe that a reservation could help. You can do the reservations online before the cruise (as long as a table that size is available). If not then you may be able to reserve by calling (I’ve never done that myself), or otherwise there will be an area for restaurant reservations onboard.