No Show

KattyPoo

My sister and I along with a close friend are booked and paid for in full.  Our friend informed us that she might not be able to go.  My sister and I want to go still but will we still get the room if it was booked under

one of her perk offers

3 hours ago, KattyPoo said:

My sister and I along with a close friend are booked and paid for in full.  Our friend informed us that she might not be able to go.  My sister and I want to go still but will we still get the room if it was booked under

one of her perk offers

Whose offer?  For sure, unless the non sailing person was Guest 3#, more fare is due at current rate

You will not be able to keep the room at the same price if the 3rd person that is leaving is who's special rate you used.  

Your question is not very clear, but here are the options.

If you have 3 people in the room and it is PRIOR to final payment and the person leaving is not who the special rate is booked under, then just drop them and they will be refunded their part of the cruise and your rate should stay the same for the other 2 for the same room. 

If it is after final payment and the 3rd person is dropping off and it was not their special rate then your best option is for them to be a no show.  Dropping them after final payment may cause the room to be repriced.  Port fees, taxes, etc. will be refunded for them.  

If the special rate is the 3rd person who is not going then if you drop them before or after final payment, the room rate will change.  The person who's special rate was used HAS to cruise to get it for all in the room.  If this is the case, it is best to deal with it now and not last minute.  Call Carnival and find out if they are dropped what the best rate is you can get for the room you are in for just the two of you and pay it now.

• Like 1

Hmmm...good question... I wonder what happens if your friend is a no show.... I would hope nothing, he/she would be out the money she paid and the other two could sail as scheduled... but if he/she is the primary (and using a sailing deal in thier name) and they call and cancel, the other two would have to rebook and pay current price...depending on what the deal is, you might be better off with the no show option and splitting her share than rebooking... 😉 

I have read different answers to this. Personally I would be scared to try! I actually booked my daughter with my husband in the interior across the hall because he has a “free” interior offer. I was stressing because he was flying in from a buisness trip and I worried what would happen if he didn’t make it. We were driving. People on FB swore they did this with no repricusions but I am glad we didn’t find out. It was mostly couples where one of them suddenly couldn’t go? I honestly don’t think I could show up and worry about not being able to board or getting a surprise bill?