Vancouver luggage storage-Multiple days

TT81

Hi, 

After my Alaska cruise I disembark in Vancouver, the same day I get of the ship Ill be getting on a train to The Rockies for a couple of days before heading back to Vancouver for a few days. Ill really prefer not to take my suitcase with me to the Rockies (planning to take a smaller back pack). Can any one recommend somewhere that does Multiple day Luggage storage near the cruise terminal or train station? I've emailed the hotel I'm staying at when I return to Vancouver to see if they can store my suitcase but thought I'd ask here for other options.

TIA

This shouldn't be a particularly unusual request for a local hotel; plenty folks pop over to the Island or up to Whistler for a few days before returning. Unless you have a lot of luggage, you're likely within limits to take it all with you even on the more-restrictive Rocky Mountaineer train (max 2 bags, 30kg total, Checked - you only have room onboard for one small day bag at your feet, ironically smaller in Gold than in Silver leaf seats!) RM transfer bags to and from your hotel rooms on the overnight stops. VIA have baggage cars and expect that folks using their sleeper trains will check big bags for the whole trip and only bring smaller bags with necessary stuff into their room(ette)s, but have more generous allowances and have plenty space for bags (even if you are not in a Sleeper cabin the carriages have decent luggage racks). 2x 23kg checked bags and another as Carry-on plus a personal item up to 11.5kg, or you can swap the big carry-on for two smaller ones.

But if you'd rather not take bags with you and the hotel lacks the space to store your suitcase there are many alternatives now - unfortunately I can't recommend any specific one, as living downtown I've never made use of such a service, but if you just Google 'vancouver luggage storage' multiple websites will pop up that have local partner businesses. I'd avoid any unwilling to confirm where the partners are before payment, and some are strictly same-day storage, but you should find at least a couple of multiple-day, confirmed location stash points, e.g. I know that Stasher lists locations by hours open and does overnight not just day storage.

On 4/24/2023 at 10:22 AM, YVRteacher said:

Hi @TT81

I’ll be on this cruise with you for the back to back and I live in Vancouver.  You are welcome to store your luggage at my place.

Thankyou  for the offer.

I've spoke to the hotel and I'm going to leave my luggage there and it will cost about the same as paying for checked baggage on the return flights