what happens if you dont check in online before the cruise?

We are unable to access our kids cabins online, therefore cant check them in prior to the cruise.  We are concerned that we wont be able to check in at the port given our last Celebrity cruise, they just scanned our 2D barcode, took a pic of of our Passports, and we were let on the ship.  

Anyone know what the process is if you dont check in prior?

Thanks

You do not need the eTicket/boarding pass to check in. You will be able to check in. It will take longer. Some data will need to be entered manually, the kids will need to complete the health questionnaires at the desk and they will need to have a copy of the booking to get through security. The check in agent’s job is to do everything to get passengers on the ship, not try to keep them off.  

Yes, it is preferable to have the eTicket printed out, but it is not ‘essential.’ It will just take longer at the desk. You really don’t even need to know your cabin number, it can be looked up.

• Like 1

I think we are ok now.  We loaded the app on our iphones and it looks like its going to allow us to check in everyone, even though some are younger than 18.  

So, fun followup question. In the cabin with 1 person, the travel agent booked it with 2 people, 1 bogus name, because she couldnt book 1 person in a cabin. Does anyone know what will happen when that nonexistent person doesnt show up on the day of the cruise?  Out TA said they do it all the time for singles in a cabin but wanted to find out here if anyone has done this and if they had an issue?

thanks

My wife was unable to attend a MSC cruise a few weeks ago so was a no show at the pier. I did not call MSC ahead of time to report her not coming because it was within the 15-day window for cancellations so what was the point. When I got to the cruise terminal, I simply told the rep that she had a conflict and would not be boarding. They removed her right then and there and when I later verified at Reception that I was the only one in the cabin, they confirmed it. (I didn't want to pay gratuities x 2 if I was the only one.) If you need to do the online check-in to get your docs, just repeat your info for the dummy person.

So just inform then when you check-in.