Please explain pricing promotion

Sunprince

Hi, apologies if this has been covered before…but I am having trouble interpreting Atlas promotional pricing.  For example: email says: “Buy 2 get 1 free, PLUS second guest sails free”.  If it’s a 2 for the price of 1, then it’s obvious the second guest is free. But how can it be a “plus”, which sounds like an additional incentive? Free is free, not sure how you can go lower than free for the 2nd guest.  Ok, so then I check pricing- July 28,  30 nights is $22399 (per guest before promo) and $16199 (per guest after promo).  The math does not work…50% of $22,399 is $11,199.50.  That is considerably lower than $16,199.  Perhaps I am missing something?  I am finding the Atlas website and pricing structure confusing!  Many thanks 

Copied from a promotional email about the sale:

”For a limited time, you can Buy 2 Expeditions Get 1 FREE on select back-to-back voyages, plus Second Guest Sails FREE, 50% Reduced Deposits and 3 FREE Cultural Immersions. Or you can combine 2 back-to-back expeditions with 15% savings and 2 FREE Cultural Immersions.”

Looks like it’s for B2B voyages, but I guess if you don’t want a third one for free they deduct 15%.  Maybe someone else will interpret it differently.

It’s confusing, all right! 

Pick up the phone and call them.  When that first presented this type of pricing last fall, I did just that. Learned the price for the second person was $0 plus port fees. Told them thank you and called me regular TA. 

I think they are offering additional incentives for Europe this summer. 

• 4 months later...

Okay, I just opened my AOV flyer this evening, and I've never heard of these folks. My first thought was, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. My second thought was to see if these folks are even legitimate. Anyone (except me) can put up a web site, send out a few thousand fliers, take the money and run. Okay again, they are real, confirmed on multiple website, CC included. Third, just what are the prices? The pricing is much too good to be true given what this company is offering, and it's VERY confusing. Open the brochure, 12N London to Lisbon, Oct 2, 2024. "Second guest always sails free. Per guest fares starting from:   Before Promo price $13.5K. AFTER promos are applied: $6,200."  Okay (x3), $13.5 is a bogus fare. Per person starts at $6200. The MILLION $$$ Question: How much goes onto my credit card if I'm traveling with my wife?  $6.2K? 12.4K ? If it's $12.4, what happened to our free sailing guest, or is she in one of the life boats? This is unquestionably bait and switch, which all the cruise lines engage in to some degree (Celebrity being the worst). From what I'm seeing on line and in the brochure, I really am interested in sailing with them. But not if a $1,600 fare per person/$6200 cabin balloons up to a 5 figure price I don't. In fact, they will never see my business in the future if that's the case. Anyone?

Cabin cost before promos applied is $13,499.00 per person not including the $600.00 port/fees

Cabin cost with out promos $36,998.00 plus 1200.00 port  $37,898.00 total

Cabin after all promos is $6199.00 pp plus $600.00 pp port 

Cabin 12398.00 plus $1200.00   $13, 598.00 

Promo applied second guest is "free" 50% off etc. same thing An air credit of $625.00 per person is also deducted from balance. So actually the price is better than 50% offf with the current air credit. Read the fine print at the bottom of the cabin grid.  The price you see reflects the promo.

• Like 1

The port fees seem overly expensive to me.  For ex, we bailed on a transatlantic cruise bc the port fees were US$ 1000pp. Yes there were a few ports in the Caribbean before the Atlantic crossing but still I thought $1000 was rich considering that amount was about 25% of the actual cruise fare pp. 

On 9/26/2023 at 6:39 PM, Sunprince said:

The port fees seem overly expensive to me.  For ex, we bailed on a transatlantic cruise bc the port fees were US$ 1000pp. Yes there were a few ports in the Caribbean before the Atlantic crossing but still I thought $1000 was rich considering that amount was about 25% of the actual cruise fare pp. 

The port fees with Atlas are $50 per person, per day, no matter the itinerary.  When I look at pricing for any cruise, I add the extra taxes/fees, and look at the bottom line.  I don't care how a cruise line breaks down the fare, it's the final total that counts.