Specialty restaurant charges?

cruiseat50

We will be on the Jade and my sister may go with us.  We would be the first 2 on the reservation so she wouldn't have the free dinners or could we add the specialty dining upgrade for her to have the 2 meals?  Are Teppanyaki, Moderno and La Cucina are the same price or if not what are they or where can I find this information?  I believe Cagney's is a-la-carte. 

4 minutes ago, cruiseat50 said:

We will be on the Jade and my sister may go with us.  We would be the first 2 on the reservation so she wouldn't have the free dinners or could we add the specialty dining upgrade for her to have the 2 meals?  Are Teppanyaki, Moderno and La Cucina are the same price or if not what are they or where can I find this information?  I believe Cagney's is a-la-carte. 

The "Specialty Dining Upgrade" is only to add 2 more meals to passengers 1&2.  You sister would need to purchase a 2-meal package for herself.  We've done this when our kids were traveling with us in the same cabin.

Teppanyaki and Moderno are both "fixed price" meals. ($59 for each - I think)  You may use a specialty credit or pay the flat fee (plus 20% gratuity) for either.

La Cucina and Cagney's are both A la Carte (if not using a specialty credit).  

Go to your NCL online account, In your reservation, you can purchase 2 dining package/s for others in your cabin that does not have the dining package.  The package is not restaurant specific, so after you purchased the package, you will see that in your reservation.  About 30 days prior to trip, you can go online to make restaurant reservation.  In your trip page, click on Specialty restaurant an your will see Reservation button, click on that and all your room party that has Dining package will show and you make the date and time for the reservation. Purchase of everything else is same.. You get 150 min of internet for the room (only first two passengers will have account but it can be shared with same log in information-click on your NCL Apps/internet-type in last name, birthdate.)  If one needs unlimited internet, you can purchase individually and share (only one device at a time.)  One of my kid had some online classes they needed to attend so we purchase 1 unlimited and 150 free min.  with 2 pc andd 4 phone we managed to do what we needed.

30 minutes ago, ashank1m said:

About 30 days prior to trip, you can go online to make restaurant reservation.  In your trip page,

This is actually 120 days out (125 or 130 days for some cabins or latitudes levels). 

If you wait until 30 days out then there is a good chance that you won’t be able to get what you want.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

This is actually 120 days out (125 or 130 days for some cabins or latitudes levels). 

If you wait until 30 days out then there is a good chance that you won’t be able to get what you want.

Thanks, we are always in a suite and I always call the first day available.

My daughter just sailed with us on the Jewel as the 3rd. I just couldn't bring myself to buy her a dining package, as I wasn't sure how things would shake out on our cruise as far as meals went.

We went to Cagney's and the hostess and servers all made such a big deal out of the fact, it was embarrassing. I told the hostess I was fine paying full alacart prices.. No problems. I understood exactly how it worked. It was absurd at how they hammered me over the issue.

The meal was AWFUL. The shrimp was slimy, the soup was brown gravy with lobster bits, and the steak was cooked to perfection without ANY seasoning whatsoever.

We promptly cancelled our second specialty dining reservation and went to our regular waitress in the Palace MDR. 

On our next 20 day cruise, we will NOT be buying the dining packages.