Carnival Venezia, November 20-30, 2023

My name is Patty, and I am so looking forward to this sailing. I have been to all of the ports of call except San Juan. Let's get this roll call started! I know it is a little early, but our turn will soon be here.

Who's going?

What will it be like sailing out of New York in November?

• Like 1

We are excited to join this cruise.  We have not been to any of these ports before.  We are also looking forward to spending the weekend in NYC before the cruise (one of our favorite cities to visit).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this the roll call? We have been on Carnival before the review's of this ship do not look good people keep saying too many people and not enough ship. The lines are too long for everything. The price is right, we have never been on a bad cruise we always find something to enjoy. Hopefully we will all have a great time together 🤞

Hi Bigcrtt01,

I have seen a couple of concerning reviews, also. Like you, I tend to find enjoyment and positive experiences during my vacations. Hopefully, by the time of our sailing, the difficulties and kinks will be all worked out. I believe we will have a fantastic sailing and look forward to meeting up with everyone that wants to. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm sure we will have a great time, have been to all the ports will probably just enjoy ship. Have never left out of New York should be interesting. Usually travel with a group of friends this time it's just the husband and me.

• 2 months later...

Hello All, 

Our cruise is fast approaching. Yay! Is anyone using Amtrak to get into New York?

According to posters from other roll calls, the taxi fare from Moniyhan Station to the port appears to be around 15.00.

Edited by happytrucker35
left out 2 words

Hello everyone. My name is Lora and my husband Victor and we will be sailing on this Cruise. Flying to New York from Kansas. Deathly afraid to fly lol. I am an avid Chiefs fan so I hope the games will be playing somewhere.  I don't care what the reviews say I will have a blast! Have a good Cruise everyone

On 10/20/2023 at 11:05 AM, Poecrew said:

Hello everyone. My name is Lora and my husband Victor and we will be sailing on this Cruise. Flying to New York from Kansas. Deathly afraid to fly lol. I am an avid Chiefs fan so I hope the games will be playing somewhere.  I don't care what the reviews say I will have a blast! Have a good Cruise everyone

Hi, Lora and Victor. There should be a Sports Lounge on board. I am a Ravens nation girl, lol. Yes, you are correct; we are all going to have a blast despite the reviews. Thank you for reaching out. Hopefully, I will see you guys in the Sports Lounge during the trip.

Are you planning to do any excursions?

Patty 

5 hours ago, happytrucker35 said:

Hi, Lora and Victor. There should be a Sports Lounge on board. I am a Ravens nation girl, lol. Yes, you are correct; we are all going to have a blast despite the reviews. Thank you for reaching out. Hopefully, I will see you guys in the Sports Lounge during the trip.

Are you planning to do any excursions?

Patty 

Ah Raven fan.  You have a tough one tomorrow with the lions.  No not doing any shore excursions.  Hitting the beaches on this trip!  Give me a holler if you see me.  I'm sure I will be in one of my Chiefs shirts lol.  Nice to talk to you.  Have a wonderful trip! 

16 hours ago, Poecrew said:

Ah Raven fan.  You have a tough one tomorrow with the lions.  No not doing any shore excursions.  Hitting the beaches on this trip!  Give me a holler if you see me.  I'm sure I will be in one of my Chiefs shirts lol.  Nice to talk to you.  Have a wonderful trip! 

Yeah, the Lions are feeling the Caw right now. I am looking forward to the beaches, too. I will look for your Chiefs shirt, and you keep an eye out for my purple Ravens shirt. Great talking with you as well. Enjoy!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roybertal said:

When do we usually receive the flight assignments? 

Hi Roybertal. I am coming in by train and am not sure about flights. I would suggest giving Carnival a call. Maybe someone else in the group can chime in with some insight. 

Happy cruising to us all!

We booked late but are coming on this cruise! Less than a month!  I take reviews with a grain of salt because most of the time those who review are those who had problems... or they are often looking for a way to complain.  We tend to have fun wherever we are and we go into it with realistic expectations and knowing there will be crowds. I mean, we enjoy Disney, so.... 🙂 I am mostly looking forward to ten days of sitting and watching water go by. We've been to the ports except for San Juan, so I'm looking for fun things to do there. 

Now we are trying to figure out the best place to park our car without using the terminal lot (10 days- so expensive!!) or if it's better to park at a hotel outside of the city and take the subway in. First time at this port. 

54 minutes ago, Dgerth said:

We booked late but are coming on this cruise! Less than a month!  I take reviews with a grain of salt because most of the time those who review are those who had problems... or they are often looking for a way to complain.  We tend to have fun wherever we are and we go into it with realistic expectations and knowing there will be crowds. I mean, we enjoy Disney, so.... 🙂 I am mostly looking forward to ten days of sitting and watching water go by. We've been to the ports except for San Juan, so I'm looking for fun things to do there. 

Now we are trying to figure out the best place to park our car without using the terminal lot (10 days- so expensive!!) or if it's better to park at a hotel outside of the city and take the subway in. First time at this port. 

Hello and welcome. I feel you on the "fun wherever you go," and the "watching the water go by." I am looking forward to San Juan also. The rum tour looks interesting despite not being one of my favorite liquors.

Hopefully, someone can jump in and answer you about parking. I am riding the train up. Happy cruising to you and yours.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, happytrucker35 said:
2 minutes ago, happytrucker35 said:

I am riding the train up. 

Do you have any suggestions or tips on taking the train in?  I've thought about this, we are comfortable with public transportation and this was our first thought when we booked the cruise.  But if we go this route we will need to drive, park somewhere at/near a station, and then take a train. We are coming from Ohio, and the closest train is in Cleveland and the tickets cost more than a plane ticket from here to NYC. 

2 minutes ago, Dgerth said:

Do you have any suggestions or tips on taking the train in?  I've thought about this, we are comfortable with public transportation and this was our first thought when we booked the cruise.  But if we go this route we will need to drive, park somewhere at/near a station, and then take a train. We are coming from Ohio, and the closest train is in Cleveland and the tickets cost more than a plane ticket from here to NYC. 

Yikes, that is steep for the train. My fare was very low with me being only about three hours away. I am taking Amtrak to Moynihan station, and then the quick taxi ride or Uber is about 15.00 to the cruise terminal.