Mobility aids for Aus cruise

I have booked the Grand Princess for Southern cruise (Melbourne, Adelaide, kangaroo Island, Port Lincoln, Phillip Island, Melbourne).  I have a guaranteed midship BA balcony on deck11. The last time I cruised was 2019 and my MS was less advanced. I’ve now progressed to using a rollator.  I have just got through the wonderful journey of NDIS application and having had my first planning meeting it looks like I will be getting a scooterI know there is a disabled forum but some of my queries are more local.

1. Any tips about how to manage these ports. I will be able to use the rollator on land but I don’t do.stairs or slopping ground for any distance. Will I be okay with the tenders?

2. will I be okay with this cabin?

3. Any tips for choosing a scooter for travelpurposes?

Edited by Lexicat
Typo

You won't be able to use the rollator in & out of the tenders, but you can get assistance from the crew. I recall the walk from the tender wharf up into Penneshaw, KI might have been a bit steep, but not too bad to the staging area for tours.

Getting around the decks with a scooter will be fine. The only concern I have is the width of the scooter vs a standard cabin door (58cm), and whether you are better suited to having a wheelchair accessible cabin with a much wider door and more swing room.

https://www.princess.com/html/global/book/ships/deck-plans/ap-accessible-route-text.html

4 hours ago, Lexicat said:

I have booked the Grand Princess for Southern cruise (Melbourne, Adelaide, kangaroo Island, Port Lincoln, Phillip Island, Melbourne).  I have a guaranteed midship BA balcony on deck11. The last time I cruised was 2019 and my MS was less advanced. I’ve now progressed to using a rollator.  I have just got through the wonderful journey of NDIS application and having had my first planning meeting it looks like I will be getting a scooterI know there is a disabled forum but some of my queries are more local.

1. Any tips about how to manage these ports. I will be able to use the rollator on land but I don’t do.stairs or slopping ground for any distance. Will I be okay with the tenders?

2. will I be okay with this cabin?

3. Any tips for choosing a scooter for travelpurposes?

I would try and get a disable cabin so you can get the scooter thru the door and booking a guarantee you are only guaranteed a balcony cabin which may not be on. deck 11 but anywhere so call who you booked with and try and get a disable cabin