Misleading Advertising

5waldos

I think some people on this thread think you had a P2P fare, and don't realize you actually had a P2P prepaid fare that included an additional 15, 20, or 25% discount for paying upfront with no refunds. Many deal with TA's and aren't aware of that pricing option.

Edited by frankhi

7 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Doesn't make any difference. All P2P fares are excluded from this offer. 

Got it, but with regular P2P you only have to put down a 25% deposit, and when you cancel you lose 15% of the deposit (so 3.75% of the cruise price). Which cruise is it?

51 minutes ago, frankhi said:

Got it, but with regular P2P you only have to put down a 25% deposit, and when you cancel you lose 15% of the deposit (so 3.75% of the cruise price). Which cruise is it?

My reading is that the deposit forfeited is 15% of the total cruise cost (not of the deposit amount) - for usual P2P this is from the date of deposit until 151 days, for D2D this kicks the 15% kicks in at 150 days, before this, the deposit is refundable less  $250 admin fee which becomes a FCC. P2P Prepaid I understand is non-refundable (though can be transferred to FCC? I am not sure on this as it is not very attractive for me to save only few $000 that on the extra 10% on offer with the restrictions.)

Edited by Aussieflyer

3 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

My reading is that the deposit forfeited is 15% of the total cruise cost (not of the deposit amount) - for usual P2P this is from the date of deposit until 151 days,

Interesting, I didn't interpret it that way

On 5/5/2023 at 10:41 AM, labrasett said:

Hope you are happy elsewhere.  Many of us are very happy and very accepting of the multifarious changes that first Covid and subsequently world unrest is causing to itineraries.

The itinerary changes to eliminate Aqaba for embarkation was due to the difficulty of flying there.  Getting from Amman to Aqaba is why I booked the 4 day pre-cruise land package.  It was a massive oversight for Silversea to not recognize the logistics problem since they promote fares that include air  

Edited by Travel2Learn

On 5/7/2023 at 4:09 AM, frankhi said:

Ah- I understand. It is the pay in advance. 

20 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Ah- I understand. It is the pay in advance. 

I don't get it - my snip from the SS AU site shows that on a regular P2P it is 15% of the total cruise cost forfeited - so if the deposit is 25%, you will get in effect 10% of the cruise (and the deposit) cost back.

I am not understanding the calculation that it is only 3.75% of the cruise cost you forfeit.

4 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

I am not understanding the calculation that it is only 3.75% of the cruise cost you forfeit.

I posted that, but agree with your interpretation of 15% of total. I got the 3.75% from 15% of the 25% deposit.

• Like 1