Transatlantic -- booking flights thru Celebrity?

jules815

My husband and I did a transatlantic cruise back in 2016 on a RC ship. At that time the best possible pricing was to book flights thru Royal Caribbean.

Does the same thing apply with Celebrity? Will Celebrity offer the best prices on flights for a transatlantic cruise? (I know we flew business class from Chicago to Barcelona, and the fares thru the cruise line for something like that were much better than what we could do on our own.) We'll be on the ASCENT ta in April, 2024. (Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona) 

My advice - check airfare for several weeks (or more) to get a sense for pricing.   Google Flights is a great way to look at flight options.  

In the past I have used Flights by Celebrity, usually when I need a one way.   In 2019 for a TA I snagged Business Class one way seats for a $1000 a person.   My more recent research has shown that Celebrity pricing is the same as I can get directly with the air carrier.   I much prefer to direct book with the carrier so I am fully in charge.

Joe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

My husband and I did a transatlantic cruise back in 2016 on a RC ship. At that time the best possible pricing was to book flights thru Royal Caribbean.

Does the same thing apply with Celebrity? Will Celebrity offer the best prices on flights for a transatlantic cruise? (I know we flew business class from Chicago to Barcelona, and the fares thru the cruise line for something like that were much better than what we could do on our own.) We'll be on the ASCENT ta in April, 2024. (Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona) 

We used Flights by Celebrity for our westward TA (Constellation) this past Oct-Nov.  So we bought economy seats on United for ORD-FCO and TPA-ORD.  Compared to the United website, I found FBC to be slightly cheaper because Celebrity was running a promotion at the time ($100 off air or something like that).  The airfare cost us $647 pp.  It was $747 pp if I purchased directly from United.  I didn't look at Business Class.

Edited by mahdnc

46 minutes ago, JoePDX said:

My advice - check airfare for several weeks (or more) to get a sense for pricing.   Google Flights is a great way to look at flight options.  

In the past I have used Flights by Celebrity, usually when I need a one way.   In 2019 for a TA I snagged Business Class one way seats for a $1000 a person.   My more recent research has shown that Celebrity pricing is the same as I can get directly with the air carrier.   I much prefer to direct book with the carrier so I am fully in charge.

Joe

I honestly can't remember if I booked just the one way to Barcelona thru the cruise line, or if they also did our flight home from Ft. Lauderdale as well. It definitely was better than what we could have done on our own, but I also much prefer to book directly with the airline. 

• Like 1