Question about dinner reservations and lines

travelswithK

I have reservations at the MDRs on my cruise for every night. I am wondering what the protocol is for checking in. Do we stand in line and wait for our turn, or do we walk to the front and approach the maître d' to let them know we have a reservation?

29 minutes ago, travelswithK said:

I have reservations at the MDRs on my cruise for every night. I am wondering what the protocol is for checking in. Do we stand in line and wait for our turn, or do we walk to the front and approach the maître d' to let them know we have a reservation?

Just wait in the line, those without reservations will either be seated or given a pager just like on land

1 hour ago, travelswithK said:

On our 2nd night in the MDR, we loved our table and we asked if we could have the table at 7PM every evening. The Head Waiter went to the Hostess and returned 5 minutes later and said it was done. The next night we waited in line and when we talked with the Hostess she said we could just go straight to our table the following nights without waiting in line.