Hermosa Beach Area for a day before the cruise any recommendations?

mattR

Anyone have any recommendations for things to do places to eat in the Hermosa Beach area?  Sunday Jun 25/23.  Fly in around 11am may or may not rent a car depending on if there is enough to do in the area.

Edited by mattR

• mattR changed the title to Hermosa Beach Area for a day before the cruise any recommendations?

Are you cruising the next day?  How do you plan to get to the cruise terminal?  In general I'd get a car, but depending on where you're staying going car-less is a possibility.  

Anyway, for one of the best breakfasts or brunches in SoCal, visit Martha's on 22nd Avenue in HB.  Walk off the carbs along the Strand (beachfront pedestrian/bike path) steps from Martha's.  You'll be thinking about which bank to rob so you can buy one of the houses facing the beach.  Martha's Hermosa Beach - Breakfast, Brunch, Restaurant, Breakfast (marthashermosabeach.com)

If you're feeling energetic, walking north along the Strand (from Martha's) will get you to the Manhattan Beach pier, something of an iconic location.  

Later, stroll down to Pier Avenue and hit one or more of the terrific cafes and/or bars along the pedestrianized street.  The Lighthouse Cafe has been a major venue for jazz in the LA area for decades; it was used in the film La La Land a few years ago.  The Lighthouse Cafe

Map - https://goo.gl/maps/4aYXhcc9HLfHWMJg9

Edited by Gardyloo

11 hours ago, mattR said:

Anyone have any recommendations for things to do places to eat in the Hermosa Beach area?  Sunday Jun 25/23.  Fly in around 11am may or may not rent a car depending on if there is enough to do in the area.

If you don't get a car, I'd Uber to the Manhattan Beach Pier area for a better choice of restaurants.

https://goo.gl/maps/711ZmBEJNr8Xy5NM9

As I recall, you get in early? 10AM-ish? I might get the car and drive to the Santa Monica Pier. There is much more to see and do.

Yes get in at 10-11ish have the whole day to kill pretty much then head to the port the following morning.  Any good Hermosa Beach supper recommendations? 

11 hours ago, mattR said:

Yes get in at 10-11ish have the whole day to kill pretty much then head to the port the following morning.  Any good Hermosa Beach supper recommendations? 

As I said in a previous post, I prefer the dining in Manhattan Beach, close to the pier, but there are spots I like in Hermosa like El Tarasco, a very NON fancy, old school Mexican restaurants that has been around since the 1960s; Fritto Misto, a rather nice Italian restaurant, also very non fancy and Radihi, which is a bit more upscale Italian.

Being So Cal, there are a half dozen great Mexican places, a couple of them are counter serve like Guisados, Tacos El Goloso and then La Playita for a sit down.